Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Educating Mazda Owners One Thread at a Time
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Two different photographers at two different curves. The photos are posted in the order that they were taken (I think...):

From NC into TN:

From TN into NC:

And a comparably grainy scenic overlook cellphone-HDR-app shot to finish:

·
MS Paint PWNS ME!
9,807 Posts
I'm jealous!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Cool picks man, car looks good

·
Registered
854 Posts
How did I know there would be a comment about that pic?? :lol:

As you can see in the picture, there was absolutely no danger in doing what I did (one of the very rare spots where that's the case!)... :p

;)
haha just messin with ya sir! :thumbup:

car looks great!

·
Registered
184 Posts
looks like fun. ha i also have a silver speed3 1st gen sitiing on silver rx8 rims as well. think rx8 rims shouldve been on the speed3 from the dealer

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Nice shots! Some of the best driving roads in the country are from mid-NC to Tenn and along the Blue Ridge Pkwy. I used to love going up there when I lived in Durham. It looks like it's a bit of a trip for you to get there... were you there for an event?

·
Educating Mazda Owners One Thread at a Time
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice shots! Some of the best driving roads in the country are from mid-NC to Tenn and along the Blue Ridge Pkwy. I used to love going up there when I lived in Durham. It looks like it's a bit of a trip for you to get there... were you there for an event?
This most recent trip was for a large Mazda/Mazdaspeed event (a sort of joint meet consisting of Mazda Dragon Camp and Epic Nator Meet, to be specific) over a long weekend in late April (the group I traveled down with left to go down early on Wednesday and we drove back Sunday).

The pics taken back in 2012 were taken while my wife and I vacationed in the Smokey Mountains for a week or so. Did a lot of hiking, fishing, and mountain-biking down there too.

I love that area. The roads are like the icing on the cake. :party:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Wow, a Speeed3 and an RS! You're a lucky man!!

Scenery reminds me of when I lived in the Hocking Hills. Didn't have a Focus then (still 4 or 5 years from the first model), but I did have a well used '85 Subaru GL AWD Turbo 5 speed wagon that was fun to take out after a snowfall and 4 wheel drift around corners of those unplowed county roads in the hills.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts