Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my hands on an SVT JRSC with plans on using it on a built zetec motor. I read folks talking about the intake ports not aligning exactly right so I looked into this a bit...

Had some scrap lexan so I built a template.

Here attached to a PWSC for a zetec. My trustry router with a trace bit came in handy.

Now the same template attached to the SVT JRSC. I circled the two spots in question.

My question is...is this it? I know the ports on the SVT JRSC are slightly larger so you may want to port the head on the zetec, but assuming you're willing to take a bit of an efficiency hit are these the only two places on the JRSC itself that need to be slightly ported?

Before you ask why I'm not using the PWSC, I'm running this on a track car with WMI and no room to mount the intercooler.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Runners match, what doesn't match is the bolt holes, when using the FRIM had to slot the bolt holes to get the manifold to line up with the runners in the head. You don't want to port the head that much.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So just sliding the whole thing a bit to the passenger side and down then (basically just centering the ports on each other)?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Ports will match with only sliding it down. Bottom holes may be slotted, top ones will need more work

1 - 4 of 4 Posts