Ford Focus Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
Do you read 16V as "sixteenveh" also?

SC as "scuh".

GT as "guht"

Wait, I actually like that one. And a Mazda 323 Glix. How do you pronounce ZX3? This is ridiculous. I can't take it anymore. So many new words to form, so little time getting paid at work to do it.

·
8,054 Posts
Bourbon26 said:
Look for a 240 hp 2.2 version in the pontiac solstice (miata wannabe) late this year.
Why should I look for a 2.2 version of the Solstice later this year, when I've already seen one with a V8 in it. :p

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
OmniFocus said:
With no major disrespect to ZX3ST.... I'll take the general concensus of the automotive press over his opinion on the matter.
No disrespect taken. That's why I said "disagree" instead of "that's wrong".

I have reasons for my opinions, however, as they are not blind. Let's just say I have several friends with Saturn/GM cars using the Ecotec engine and I have yet to be impressed. bluezeal knows who I'm talking about... :rolleyes:

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
mievil said:

SC as "scuh".

GT as "guht"

Wait, I actually like that one. And a Mazda 323 Glix. How do you pronounce ZX3? This is ridiculous. I can't take it anymore. So many new words to form, so little time getting paid at work to do it.
You can't tell me you don't read license plates too..

When driving down the road I see 5GBL412 and think "Gobble!", or 4TYE122 for "TYEEE!!"... or "3HHW943" is "HUHWUH!!".

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
ZX3ST said:
I have reasons for my opinions, however, as they are not blind. Let's just say I have several friends with Saturn/GM cars using the Ecotec engine and I have yet to be impressed. bluezeal knows who I'm talking about... :rolleyes:
Out of curiousity, is it a reliability issue or a performance issue?

·
8,054 Posts
OmniFocus said:
You can't tell me you don't read license plates too..

Alas, I confess, I share your obsession. And can't help but feel sorry for every person that ever got stuck with the last three of 666. Talk about a bad omen.

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
mievil said:

SC as "scuh".

GT as "guht"

16V = Sixteen Vee.

And no on the other two. :screwy:
:lol:

·
Registered
73 Posts
mievil said:
Why should I look for a 2.2 version of the Solstice later this year, when I've already seen one with a V8 in it. :p
Well, look for a production model with a close ratio six speed.

After racing the SC Cobalt SS the other night, I was thinking that it must mean 'sitting still'

·
8,054 Posts
Bourbon26 said:
Well, look for a production model with a close ratio six speed.

The Mallett offers a close ratio six speed also. Only it comes with 400hp as well. :p

Dammit, what was this thread supposed to be about? Oh yeah, VTEC. Yeah, the iVTEC in the newer CR-V pretty much sucks. Of course I'm thinking it's the car and not the VTEC.

·
Registered
73 Posts
But it is refreshing to see the Mazda side to start pumping up the duratec line. The Mazdaspeed 6 engine was voted one of the 10 best powerplants last year by some authority who does it every year for technologically advanced engines. I want to see turbo Focus' wasting GM's an Hondas left and right (as I am a Dodge/Ford fanboy).

·
Registered
73 Posts
mievil said:
The Mallett offers a close ratio six speed also. Only it comes with 400hp as well. :p

I think it's just a "showtease" though, as GM is too lame to put the C6 six liter in anything but a goofy looking GTO.

·
8,054 Posts
My bad, they offer a 600hp version as well. And it's not a show piece. Mallett is producing them in quantities of 100 per year.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
Mallett isn't GM. They can put LS-engines into anything they feel like. ;)

·
8,054 Posts
Well doesn't that hacked up quote job make me look like I'm freaking schizo.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Bourbon26 said:
mievil said:
I think it's just a "showtease" though, as GM is too lame to put the C6 six liter in anything but a goofy looking GTO.
CTS-V?
SSR?
Trailblazer SS?

Agreed it would be nice to see a 6.0 Solstice from the factory, but Mallet will take care of that themselves.

·
Almost choked on a Girl Scout ...cookie
16,227 Posts
focust05 said:
sorry but honda si's are an easy kill for my '05 ST. honda has basically no torque in comparison to its hp rating. ive always viewed them as the most overrated engines these young kids babble about.

OMG :lol:

I just had to point out that you were born on, or around the day I graduated from high school.

:lol::lol::lol:

And for what it's worth... it's all just marketing bull****.

reminds me of Hemi, Nailhead, blah, blah, blah....

41 - 60 of 66 Posts