Ford Focus Forum banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
It really does clean up the bay. It's not hard to do at all. Hardest part was grinding the upper rad support for clearance, and even that was a sinch.

Well, my Moog control arms came in as well.

And, I got to work on more shaving. This thing was a pain in the butt with all those imperfections.

I'm no expert, but it's turning out pretty decent.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Ah, thanks for that tip. I'll go to my local paint shop and ask about it.

Looks like i'll tackle the fuel pump later today if I have time after work. I raised the back of the car last night and I think I have it high enough to get the fuel pump module out.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Minor update, not much has happened -

I took both fuel tanks out of the cars, wanted to swap fuel pumps but turns out I had to swap the entire fuel tank, and since the evap lines were a bit different as well, those had to be swapped too.

Finally got the motor out of the SVT -

The passenger side axle had the inner boot ripped, and I had a hard time finding the correct boot until I checked with my local Napa. And for reference, the part numbers to the SVT axles from Napa are
• 6862376 - Inner
• 6862383 - Outter

So, got to work on it -

New Massive pulleys came in, and even scored a powdercoated pulley to use on the Duratec pump -

So, I immediately got it pressed in -

This is gonna look sweet when mounted!

Got some stuff powder coated -

Hand polished my oil dipstick -

Got the shifter assembly out of the SVT, installed the CFM short shifter -

Looks like I'll be working on the swapping the wiring from the SVT onto the wagon. Only issue I have is the SVT is a 2 door, so i'll have to figure out the power for the windows and locks.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Yeah, and most of the reservoirs on the pumps were yellow. I scored this one in black.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Great progress! Love the execution on the duratec pump. Between that and the 08+ radiator, the bay will look awesome!

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Thanks man!

Well, worked on the wiring last night... what a pain!

Since the SVT donor is a 2 door, I need to separate all the wiring from my wagon, from the rear doors, to add it to the SVT wiring. Add that to the fact that I'm keeping the donor as a daily, it's like I'm building 2 cars at the same time.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
A bit more work got done. Sadly, not to the wagon. Like stated, since i'll be keeping the donor SVT, it'll be faster to get it running.

Dirty bay -

Swapped the brake master cylinder from the wagon, onto the SVT and took out the ABS from the SVT to go on the wagon when it's finally painted.

Wagon lines and MC -

SVT ABS unit and lines -

Cleaned up the bay a bit and lines installed -

The Zetec/Auto was installed as well, Finally! At least one engine is in :rolleyes: The zetec engine mount was worn out. I decided to use the stock SVT mount and an SVT mount bracket. Only modding I did was to the plastic cam gear cover.

Little dark, but we got it in.

The SVT mount fit great. I have a used Steeda poly mount that will go in it's place.

Since the SVT dash is going into the wagon, I was going to use the dash from the wagon on the SVT, but it was light gray and had quite a bit of flaws. So, I went to the wrecker and got a very minty charcoal dash. The auto shifter base is installed as well.

I still need to source out an SVT front bumper as I sold the one off this car, before deciding that I was actually going to keep it.

101 - 112 of 112 Posts