Ford Focus Forum banner

81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I agree. When I first started to look for a duratec pump, all the pumps I found had "white" reservoirs. Then I came across this one on e-bay, that had a black res and snagged it. Seems more stealthy I think. The fit is decent. Not too bulky.

Some stuff came off the zetec, last night...

·
Headbanging Window Smashing
538 Posts
looks like i did my 06+ duratec power steering res before it was cool :p just playin man! looks great and cant wait to see more!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Where did you get your tail lights from? I eventually want to swap functioning European tails in my wagon but having clear indicators instead of amber would be much cleaner.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Lol Chuck. I might be picking your brain soon, for some tips.

Suddueth, the tail lights I picked up from ebay.co.uk a while back. I have another set, OEM ford with amber turn signal.

Well, time to update this thread. I hadn't done anything but hoard parts these past months. Lack of time and bad weather played a major part in delaying and advancements.

I picked up my second set of Recaros. Last set I had, was sold... sadly. Picked up front and rear in almost mint condition.

I sold the ESM wheels, picked up a set of Rotiform TMB in 18x8.5 ET45, but will run 10mm spacers.

I love these wheels... <3

Small test fit teaser -

I also scored a very mint SVT shifter boot and knob. The boot is ok, but the knob leather is very good.

I'm so JDM yo!

And, the good part. I finally tore into the wagon. Engine is out as of last night.

I start tearing tinto the interior. Getting the dash out for the wiring harness and such. I'll post more progress as I go.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Well, got some more work done, these past days.

Cleaned the engine bay a bit, after removing all the electrical -

Also tackled the interior. This pic was half way, but all the interior is gone, carpet included.

I need to drop the fuel tank, to get the fuel pump out and replace it with the SVT pump.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I can't wait to see it done.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Thanks guys.

More parts.

Steeda Transmission mount -

Now I have the set :D

I also picked up a couple of Tb's. Focus Central 65mm (silver) and a CFM 67mm (black). I bought the Focus Central tb first, then came across the CFM which was what I initially wanted to buy. So, the FC TB is going to a friend.

I measured just for the heck of it -

You can see the minor difference in size here.

I also got to work on the upper radiator support, to fit the 08+ rad. Thanks to Chucksmith for the tips.

·
Registered
241 Posts
"I <3 My Wagon!"...I love your wagon, too!! I've always wanted one but I am mechanically retarded and would sadly have to pay someone to do most of what you're doing. Hell, I've had my SVTF since '06 and the only "major" upgrade I've done is swap my HIDs for Hella Dynabeams! I wish I had a wagon to build and learn from...

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
I love your wagon, too!!
Lol, thanks man!

Well, got the 08+ rad setup pretty much done. I opted to get the 08+ a/c condenser as well, and see if I can make it work, rather than fiddle with the -04 condenser.

2" spacers between the rad support and frame. Thanks to Chuck for the tip -

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
I've been hording some parts to upgrade them as I go. so far, suspension stuff like inner and outer tie rods, filters, gaskets.

I also picked up a complete black carpet and dark charcoal door panels. Carpet needs to be steam cleaned, but no big deal.

I also got to shaving the bay. I've never worked with body filler before, but I think I did alright.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
I also decided to not part the donor SVT. Instead, i'll transfer everything from the wagon and use it as a daily. It'll be an SVT-ish hatch.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
I'll use the 08+ fan as well. I'm just waiting on the a/c condenser as the 00-07 mounts entirely differently on the new radiator. Looks like I might have to mod the lines a bit.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I had the 08 radiator to do the swap, but decided against it for now. With how cluttered my engine bay looks now I'm wishing I would have went through with it....but I guess that can be a project for later.

81 - 100 of 112 Posts