Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my trunk release has stopped working at all. i cant pop it with the button or the remote. is there a fuse some where that i should be checking? i did i search and couldnt find anything pointing to a specific fuse.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

·
Registered
736 Posts
Trunk, or hatch? Check the wiring going to it from the body...might have busted wires, which is a common problem...more so with the hatch tho.

As for fuse...hmmmmm.....does central locking work?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its my rear hatch. i checked and repaired the rear wiring harness but still no luck. i checked the central locking fuse and its fine. im stumped i dont know what to do next.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine stopped working about a month ago; I stopped by the dealership to get it tested and it was the switch. I picked up one from a local scrap yard for about $15.

·
I Now Post Stupid ****
3,495 Posts
On my 2000 ZX3, I blew a fuse that is used for the Power Locks AND my trunk latch. They are currently both not working because I had a problem with my power lock on my drivers door, it seemed like it was getting stuck and the fuse kept blowing. Unfortunately the fuse is a bitch to get to and a major pain in the ass. I'm not sure if this is your case though.

Oh I forgot to mention WHERE the fuse is. It's located in the BACK of the fuse box, meaning you have to pull the fuse box down and out a bit and twist it then pull out that small fuse. Pulling it (the fuse) out was almost impossible for me for some reason. Blew a few seconds later because of my drivers power lock.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Jibberish18 said:
On my 2000 ZX3, I blew a fuse that is used for the Power Locks AND my trunk latch. They are currently both not working because I had a problem with my power lock on my drivers door, it seemed like it was getting stuck and the fuse kept blowing. Unfortunately the fuse is a bitch to get to and a major pain in the ass. I'm not sure if this is your case though.

I'm having the same problem with stuck locks and blowing fuse. Trying to fix it as we speak but can't get electrical harness out that attaches to the door lock.

http://forums.focaljet.com/team-tech/476633-reference-door-lock-problem.html

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
checked my fuse its cool. WTF what else could be wrong. i have a friend that says that i might have fried some wires somewhere but wouldnt that have poped a fuse?

·
Registered
1 Posts
my trunk release has stopped working at all. i cant pop it with the button or the remote. is there a fuse some where that i should be checking? i did i search and couldnt find anything pointing to a specific fuse.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts