Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought my 2012 Titanium in a couple weeks ago to address some outstanding recalls. While it was in there they updated the transmission program........... Not happy. It short-shifts all the time and generally makes the car drive like it's 2 gears higher than it needs to be (I'm assuming an update for fuel mileage?)

I didn't buy this car to be a hot rod, but I'd expect it to be able to get out of it's own way.

So, does anyone offer a good aftermarket tune yet?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Not yet and, no one has even hinted at being to change the trans cal. I do agree though, the last flash made the car feel like crap.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not yet and, no one has even hinted at being to change the trans cal. I do agree though, the last flash made the car feel like crap.
Injected Engineering is able to modify the TCM. They are finalizing their tune right now. I'm a tester for the the 5spd tunes. The car they bought to work on is a DCT.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I brought my 2012 Titanium in a couple weeks ago to address some outstanding recalls. While it was in there they updated the transmission program........... Not happy. It short-shifts all the time and generally makes the car drive like it's 2 gears higher than it needs to be (I'm assuming an update for fuel mileage?)

I didn't buy this car to be a hot rod, but I'd expect it to be able to get out of it's own way.

So, does anyone offer a good aftermarket tune yet?
Go to Focus Fanatics and check out Aron's Tuning Solution thread.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Injected Engineering is able to modify the TCM. They are finalizing their tune right now. I'm a tester for the the 5spd tunes. The car they bought to work on is a DCT.
Are they going to open it up for the user to change the cal. on?

Do they even know how they are going to offer the ability to tune the car? Not just a off the shelf tune but, a real tune for the car itself.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Are they going to open it up for the user to change the cal. on?

Do they even know how they are going to offer the ability to tune the car? Not just a off the shelf tune but, a real tune for the car itself.
So much of this has been covered on Focus Fanatics. Unless it's a qualified shop I wouldn't recommend messing with cal.

·
Registered
273 Posts
So much of this has been covered on Focus Fanatics. Unless it's a qualified shop I wouldn't recommend messing with cal.
The last I looked at that thread, it was a mess.

Ill be fine doing my own changes, I've already done my other car with out issue. The part that will take the most time, is the learning curve with the DI system.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The last I looked at that thread, it was a mess.

Ill be fine doing my own changes, I've already done my other car with out issue. The part that will take the most time, is the learning curve with the DI system.
What do you mean by a mess? They've been very up front and kept us in the loop..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts