Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Im new to focaljet but just in registration. Ive used this site to search topics before. Im definitely not new to cars either. Been around them all my life amd my whole family is into them. However not as into swaps as i am. My question is transmission related. Ive found a company that builds sequential gearboxes for the focus, puma, fiesta model ib5 transmissions however i currently have the zetec zx3. My question is will an ib5 transmission bolt up to my 2003 zx3 2.0 zetec? Also. I plan on doing a motor swap for an omex built zetec E motor. Will the ib5 bolt up to that particular euro spec motor? I assume all the zetec bolt patterns are the same. However i could be wrong. Dont raze me about the "search button" either. Ive used it multiple times but can never find a straight answer. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Your zetec manual has a motor specific case, the ib5 I think was installed in spi equipped models, but I do not know about the transmission bolt pattern.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your correct on the spi part. It was on the zx4 and 5 i believe. From what i gather from other sites it seems the flywheel may be the only issue? Not sure. Lol just need a straight answer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all, im completely lost on this forum , seen someone say they have a tech forum ? I cant find where any one would get help with problem in the right forum?it seems all is about new car builds I have a 2002 ford focus, a 2004 zx5, and a 2014 se
where could i go to get help with power steering problem on the 2002 se

1 - 4 of 4 Posts