Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Wow, that car is a steal for that price! Wish it was in my area so I could by it! :lol:

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hahaha!! Stop playing with your infinite admin powers Matt!!
I can barely afford three foci much less even begin to think about starting a fourth project.
Nice car tho...:evilgrin:

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Spent the evening at the Victorian era Ann Starrett Mansion in beautiful Port Townsend WA, a known haunted destination. We didn't experience anything weird, but it was a great drive and was great to stay in a wonderfully old and creaky B&B. We ventured out into town after dark as well -- it was quite stormy and very few businesses were open as it is the 'off season' right now. The town took on a spooky Northeastern Lovecraftian quality as we were the only ones walking around -- think The Call of Cthulhu and you've just about nailed it. Very cool trip, although I didn't push the car at all as I'm still not convinced of its reliability. Still need to address a bunch of issues on her before I start hammering on her.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
:lol:

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
An inauspicious start to my last Mk1 build, a greasy spot shaped like a p3nis:

That was the Torsen diff taking a giant crap in my driveway. I had planned on freshening up the gearbox at some point but not right this second. Oh well, this will be my first major mod on the car carried out by me:

^big shout out to bustonit and PCA for getting me quick access to a new Quaife diff, and Blood Enterprises for getting me in so quick. The trans will be gone through if necessary and should be back in the car by next week if all goes well.

Just got a brand new set of these for the '04 and the '06 from Germany. The set that was in the '04 (barely used I might add) will be going in the '01.
The stuff from Europe is very upmarket in style and materials. Love these.

Lastly, these shipped yesterday and are on the way from the UK. I am looking forward to what John down at Auburn Way Autobody and Restoration can do with these.
I will have Blood Enterprises handle modifying the existing crash bars and boxing the ends for strength and safety where they taper to the corners.

Not pictured is the euro fuel door (without key -- no biggie; as some of you know I have a guy for that).

Also purchased a barely used set of H&R coilovers from Bryce (SR Performance) for an absolutely killer price and they will be going on this car along with the exact set up I have on the '06. Each of my cars has their own unique style but I more or less want them to handle exactly the same so I don't have to relearn each car as I get in them.

All in all, ready to dive in head first.
--chaz

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I love the amount of dedication and effort you put into each one of your builds Chaz. Something I could aspire to haha.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Off to a great start! Me like!

EDIT: We really could use the "like" button back for posts like the one above.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks Blake. Thanks Andy. :wub:

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
^thanks Jordan!!

Well, these arrived today:

Slowly but surely things are progressing. The Quaife should be in the trans by tomorrow or so. Still awaiting word to see if there was any internal damage to the gearbox.
Fingers crossed.
One axle is completely hosed so that will be replaced.
Next up is a complete suspension overhaul.
Brand new control arms front and rear with all new hardware. H&R coilovers with custom spring rates (same suspension that I have on the '04 and the '06), TCKline 60mm top hats, FSWerks 60mm top hats/spherical bearing, FSWerks eccentric camber plates, new camber arms out back, and a new power steering pump since the existing one is hosed.
Should be fun to drive even though at the moment she is a slug with her crappy ebay turbo and crap tune.
All in due time...

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Bump for updates. Check first post.
--chaz

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
21 - 40 of 44 Posts