21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Scorpion said:
Free, or paying for it?

Free I guess...otherwise your post would have had a lot of filtering!... :lol:

Well, at least they are doing it. Reading this, they'd be dumb to try to say it was your fault.

Hope it's not long before you get her back.
Nope its covered... under warranty said something to me like a 7K job parts and labor...said should have it by next week or so...

Not that I care...its going up for sale as soon as I get it back and all my aftermarket stuff ripped off it.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I'm still wondering how skipping some timing would cause just a spark plug crush and not a bent valve(unless thats bent valve and not "brent" valve)

If you can advance or retard timing about 6-8 degrees in each direction without interference, then wouldn't the timing have to skip a whole heck of a lot for the damage that was done to happen? AND why only one cylinder? I thought 2 and 3 are at tdc when 1 and 4 are bdc?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
EnixStorm said:
I'm still wondering how skipping some timing would cause just a spark plug crush and not a bent valve(unless thats bent valve and not "brent" valve)

If you can advance or retard timing about 6-8 degrees in each direction without interference, then wouldn't the timing have to skip a whole heck of a lot for the damage that was done to happen? AND why only one cylinder? I thought 2 and 3 are at tdc when 1 and 4 are bdc?
All I have heard or that has been explained to me is that #3 piston rod is bent and so are some valves... I dont know why or how I just assme a timing jump... after they replace it, I will find out the rest!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just a theory: the Acheillies heel of the Duratec is the keyless crank. Its theoretically possible that the timing cog on the crank slipped relative to the crank, thus acting like a jumping a tooth.
Glory halelujah, the Truth is marching on!

I've got a story about a loud tapping noise coming coming thru the intake manifold from the south end of the engine. It was about 21-24 degrees out of time and somehow it was still running with the inlet valves of cylinder 4 compromised: One bent, one broken with it's shaft driven thru the head of the piston. The 2014 Ford Transit 2.5L Duratec is keyless and everyone is mostly clueless unless they are lucky enough to drive it out of warranty.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts