Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FJ Premier Sponsor
12,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone could PLEASE sticky this thread I'd really appreciate it!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
[URL=http://s1094.photobucket.com/user/alohadan/media/20d48936-a81d-4541-9acf-d7f1b4938501_zpsbd090b97.jpg.html][/URL]

Here is a pic of my alignment tool kit I ordered for my SVTF from Tousley/Autonation [from you Steve] about a year/year & half ago since I heard/read these tools were discontinued for the SVT-

Based on the posted procedure it looks like I do not have the correct "bar" for my camshafts. Mine [alignment kit] is currently "sealed" but there is no part# only a barcode.

Can someone post a pic of the alignment bar they used so I can compare to mine?

[Viewed from procedure] The pic of the "alignment plate" appears to be same as mine but later down in the procedure [page 5 between steps #25 - #27] their "bar/plate" now has notches. If so then I guess I was sent the "wrong" tool.....

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

What about "Crankshaft Locking Tool" [#303-748/21-259] from the previous version timing procedure? Is this still needed?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Quick Tip to Printing:

Just click on the "first" page document/pic above & it will send you directly to Photobucket.

You will come to the "first page" & look to the right and you will see "Media Options"- just click "download" & save it to your computer. [Just keep it as jpeg (.jpg) file]

You will have to "thumb" thru all 11 pages individually & "download" to your computer. Then print each of the "images" from your files thru your printer.

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

:thumbup: Thank you! :thumbup:

Went ahead & printed it for my reference.

·
FJ Premier Sponsor
12,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a pic of my alignment tool kit I ordered for my SVTF from Tousley/Autonation [from you Steve] about a year/year & half ago since I heard/read these tools were discontinued for the SVT-

Based on the posted procedure it looks like I do not have the correct "bar" for my camshafts. Mine [alignment kit] is currently "sealed" but there is no part# only a barcode.

Can someone post a pic of the alignment bar they used so I can compare to mine?

[Viewed from procedure] The pic of the "alignment plate" appears to be same as mine but later down in the procedure [page 5 between steps #25 - #27] their "bar/plate" now has notches. If so then I guess I was sent the "wrong" tool.....

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

What about "Crankshaft Locking Tool" [#303-748/21-259] from the previous version timing procedure? Is this still needed?
The tool you have is correct and is the only tool available, where are you seeing notches? If it's in the 5th pic down you aren't seeing notches, you're seeing the bar locked in to the slots in the cams.

You're good to go.

-Steve

·
Registered
250 Posts
Ohhhhhhhhh, I stand corrected.....

I saw it "differently" [if that makes sense]- To me, it looked the opposite where the cams are "inside" the notches of the plate.
So the bar sides in the machined groove/notch on each cam then.
Because of "my view", I got worried a bit.....

The tool you have is correct and is the only tool available, where are you seeing notches? If it's in the 5th pic down you aren't seeing notches, you're seeing the bar locked in to the slots in the cams.

You're good to go.

-Steve

·
Camera 1, Camera 2..Camera 1, Camera 2
7,494 Posts
The kit from Massive is the best bang for the buck that I know of.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts