Ford Focus Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
im not really gonna be autoX much and i love the look of the O.Z. ultraleggeras that were for sale in the classified that were powdercoated black with the carbon center. i want to go that route. and the reason i am doing the AEM CAI is because the last person put a short ram on and i dont want any heat soak going on with my SVT. and im going to mod the CAI to be a lil higher off the ground. and this will all be done over time :) i cant wait. come on lotto!! lol

·
Imma boob... nuff said.
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Hardly anything. You'll get the same "gains" from fresh copper plugs gapped as far as you can without backfires. The stock ignition system has proven itself in very very very very high performance applications. If I were you, id get some motocraft spark plugs, taylor wires and spend a little time gapping those plugs.

·
Registered
612 Posts
X56 on the stock coil. Unless your coil is legitimately failing and you can get a Screamin Demon and compatible wires for less than the stock coil, stick with stock. Taylor wires are great. As are the Ford Racing wires.

I think that you meant "Misfires" instead of "backfires" when referring to gap.

Still love this sticky!

·
Registered
623 Posts
id like to deff. "port" my 63mm (or stock) throttle body and depending on whether or not it gets hot????? , id like to port the intake like your saying you did..

·
Registered
623 Posts
ive got a 500 hp mustang, and she gets hott, after prolly 10 mins of run time, even with forged internals. = but , im working on a n/a svt focus. and ill tell ya whats the numbers on one..soon...it will be a full bolt on svt focus, but neverless "n/a"

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
right now im looking at this set up let me know what you think?
AEM CAI
CFM 67 mm TB
FSwerks SVT tune
Massive Dual UDP kit
HKS Cat back with poly mounts and HFC with bigger flex pipe
Ceramic header for looks and heat transfer
Tri Ax STS
Eibach Pro kit with O.Z. Ultraleggeras with 205 50 r16 tires
all 3 mounts for motor
And car is going on a serious diet. lol
And maybe the exhaust cam gear.
Thats all i can think of off the top of my head to do for the future. lol any suggestions?
read STS rules. these things are illegal for STS (or any other Street Touring class):
  • CFM 67 mm TB
  • And car is going on a serious dietl
  • And maybe the exhaust cam gear
Also I recommend 15" wheels and small diameter tires (205/50 or 225/45) for non-turbocharged SVT autocross use. There are three or four wheel models that are known to fit svt brakes, and probably many more than nobody has tried (especially if you include steel race wheels, which are usually very reasonably priced)

·
Registered
181 Posts
read STS rules. these things are illegal for STS (or any other Street Touring class):
  • CFM 67 mm TB
Also I recommend 15" wheels and small diameter tires (205/50 or 225/45) for non-turbocharged SVT autocross use. There are three or four wheel models that are known to fit svt brakes, and probably many more than nobody has tried (especially if you include steel race wheels, which are usually very reasonably priced)
15's that fit over svt brakes ? i never heard such a thing

·
Imma boob... nuff said.
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
There were a few brands. Pro comps or something of the sort...

·
Imma boob... nuff said.
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
That's a little too green for most caf enthusiasts

·
Registered
30 Posts
  • CFM 67 mm TB
I just searched for wheels for my SVT this past winter, and as I live in new england I wanted wheels small enough to leave me as much rubber as possible from my snow tires between the wheel and the road. Reason being we have these Sink holes we call Pot Holes that I have personally lost 6 wheels, 5 tires, countless suspension components and 1 transmission (yes, transmission casing destroyed by impact) by not seeing til too late or not at all because it hid in a puddle. Baring some outrgeous wheel spacing and modding, I was told by multiple places that the steel wheels have a U channel in the middle that wouldn't clear SVT brakes any smaller than 17" and the smallest I could go for alloys was 16", not saying I am completely correct here, just what I was told!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes, I have white 15x7 +45 TD PR1, they fit fine. I think the 15x7.5 rota fits also (I can actually check that, soon)
nvm, I missed that post, and the one he referenced, do your brake calipers remove your wheel balancing weights with those wheels, damn thats tight

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
Just an added opinion, I did the Screamin Demon coil/wires, the K&N CAI and the ORP/dummy sender with a Borla exhaust. I felt reasonable gains but the real noteworthy feeling was when the cat was put back on for emissions test (before I found that they don't inspect for a CAT) and as usual per human nature the loss was more noticeable than the gain. The car was a dog, it revved slowly and felt like it lost 30 bph, even though those mods can't be any more than about 15bhp. I have never re-installed the cat for emissions since there were no codes and they don't physically inspect for a CAT, but I got nervous every time regardless. The dummy sender and the ORP are the best NA mods you can do. I also concur with the sound of the ORP with a stock SVT exhaust, it was clearly a ricer sound and the Borla cured that very well. I have left things well enough alone since. Probably put 40-50K on the car in this state and it runs really well to this day.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts