Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 97 Posts

·
Go ahead - ask me how Chalz' huge, bulging, fearle
3,240 Posts
sorry, but how would the dipstick be discontinued?
Because it was specific to the SVT......just like all the other parts on the list that are discontinued. Ford only made....what 14,000 or was it 12,000 SVTs? Ford probably sells that many cars in one week if not more.

·
Registered
457 Posts
SVT Oil squirters were discontinued.

·
Premium Member
12,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Because it was specific to the SVT......just like all the other parts on the list that are discontinued. Ford only made....what 14,000 or was it 12,000 SVTs? Ford probably sells that many cars in one week if not more.
14,000 or so, there were even more 2003-2004 Cobras built at 19,120 over the two year run.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thought I'd post this here for reference.

Cat to flex and flex to exhaust gaskets (same gasket). None of the major parts chains could get them. (NAPA, Oreiley's, CARQUEST, Autozone, Advance Auto) Luckily Rock Auto had them in stock.

VICTOR REINZ Part # F32151 More Info Multi-Layered Steel
Converter; Rear $5.00

·
Registered
98 Posts
You can add E-Brake cables for the SVT Focus to this list as well.... Vintage does't even have em (says a buddy I know working at a dealership.)

·
Premium Member
12,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
You can add E-Brake cables for the SVT Focus to this list as well.... Vintage does't even have em (says a buddy I know working at a dealership.)
Sorry to have to tell you this but your buddy is doing it wrong.

The SVT e-brake cables are most certainly not discontinued, Ford has almost 50 sets left in stock between three depots.

-Steve

·
Registered
98 Posts
well looks like someones going to be gettin a talkin to then! Thanks Steve....

I found DORMAN Part # C660458 for $31.99 which is this part, but aftermarket. Whats your price on them?

·
Camera 1, Camera 2..Camera 1, Camera 2
7,494 Posts
Thanks for those posting up alternatives and their associated part numbers; as that will be our only choice sooner than later.

Thanks again to Steve for verifying what is and is not still available as OEM. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
12,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
well looks like someones going to be gettin a talkin to then! Thanks Steve....

I found DORMAN Part # C660458 for $31.99 which is this part, but aftermarket. Whats your price on them?

No idea, what is it? I can't do anything with Dorman numbers. :dunno:

-Steve

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Thought I'd post this here for reference.

Cat to flex and flex to exhaust gaskets (same gasket). None of the major parts chains could get them. (NAPA, Oreiley's, CARQUEST, Autozone, Advance Auto) Luckily Rock Auto had them in stock.

VICTOR REINZ Part # F32151 More Info Multi-Layered Steel
Converter; Rear $5.00
You can get that gasket (and any gasket for Foci exhaust) from Remflex... and they are the best for not leaking and sealing irregular surfaces, like non-stock parts may have.

Steve,
I know it's not specifically an SVT part, but it is a Ford Racing part that used to find a home on some track-worthy SVTs... the adjustable rear sub-frame (RIP).

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've found a glitch of sorts in the AutoZone system. Their computers will not pull up the SVT version when searching by car. I found this cause I have a friend that works at one and we were trying to find the passenger side engine mount. We tried every version, every vin number, anything we could. No luck. But when I found the part number myself and have it to them suddenly they could find it. Try that, get the part number yourself and give them that. Searching by car at AutoZone is pointless for an SVT

·
Registered
785 Posts
Vintage Parts, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin.

They do sell to the general public if you have the part number but they charge retail to you guys where I still pay dealer cost, not a whole lot of sense for you guys to buy direct. :thumbup:

Steve
screenshot taken lol. awesome thanks lol. im still looking for HIDs, i head depos suck ass, so im looking for someone to trade for my ST170s. you are right, i should have HIDs for the highway cause im on it every day lol.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I have that ps line in the bag. I never installed it and remembered i did when i cut the zipties off my line when gettin zetec ready to come out for the swap. I also found a new cat bracket when building my new shed for the buildup. Crazyness. Any1 want these since they are discon'd? R

·
Premium Member
12,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Instrument cluster and auxiliary gauges are gone.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Upper front grill is no longer available. Mine got taken out by a chunk of pavement thrown up by the car in front of me two weeks ago. Put a nice crease in the hood too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Original SVT shifter knob.

Last I checked (around December) They had one left at Ford, in Florida and they wanted $89 for it.

·
Premium Member
12,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Original SVT shifter knob.

Last I checked (around December) They had one left at Ford, in Florida and they wanted $89 for it.
The shift knob is not discontinued, they're $68.90 plus shipping from me and Ford still has 20 more in the depot system.

-Steve

21 - 40 of 97 Posts