Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
FJ Premier Sponsor
12,444 Posts
So, right off the top of my head the following are no longer available.

Body/Exterior:

Front bumper cover
Front lip
Upper front grill
Side skirts

Driveline/Hub/Brakes:

Front knuckles
Rear caliper brackets
CV shafts

Engine Auxiliary:

Upper Power steering line
Clutch hydraulic line clips

Engine:

Oil cooler (early Escape 2.0 Zetec cooler works though)

Exhaust:

Engine half of the cat bracket

Interior:

Seat covers
Door trim panels
HVAC bezel
Side seat plastics
B-pillar trim pins (3-door)
Instrument cluster
Auxiliary gauges

I know there's more, but that's what comes to mind right now.

-Steve

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
This was a great suggestion and now a great "advanced warning" system... Thanks Steve! :thumbup:

Side skirts
Top exhaust bracket

But CV shafts?! :bang: That is not good. Anybody know if there is a way to repair them when one wears out?

·
Registered
282 Posts
This was a great suggestion and now a great "advanced warning" system... Thanks Steve! :thumbup:

Side skirts
Top exhaust bracket

But CV shafts?! :bang: That is not good. Anybody know if there is a way to repair them when one wears out?
You can get them aftermarket now for the svt

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Rock Auto has the drivers side CV half shaft, and NAPA clearly shows both. Reasonable prices.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I was also told that the pistons and rods combo is discontinued. I had recently called and Steve was able to find me some that a dealer still had. So add that to the list.

·
FJ Premier Sponsor
12,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was also told that the pistons and rods combo is discontinued. I had recently called and Steve was able to find me some that a dealer still had. So add that to the list.
It wasn't another dealer, it's a place that buys obsolete parts direct from Ford and they still show 122 on hand. I wouldn't consider them discontinued until they run out.

-Steve

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
It wasn't another dealer, it's a place that buys obsolete parts direct from Ford and they still show 122 on hand. I wouldn't consider them discontinued until they run out.

-Steve
That begs the question... who are they?

·
FJ Premier Sponsor
12,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That begs the question... who are they?
Vintage Parts, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin.

They do sell to the general public if you have the part number but they charge retail to you guys where I still pay dealer cost, not a whole lot of sense for you guys to buy direct. :thumbup:

Steve

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Vintage Parts, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin.

They do sell to the general public if you have the part number but they charge retail to you guys where I still pay dealer cost, not a whole lot of sense for you guys to buy direct. :thumbup:

Steve
Heck yeah, no reason to buy from them (or anybody) unless it's a part you can't get for some reason... like discontinued... unless you are saying you can act as go-between and even get discontinued parts at dealer cost. If that's the case, I don't care who they are, but thanks for their name just the same.

·
FJ Premier Sponsor
12,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Vintage is the only place I'll buy Obsolete parts because everything they have is new n the box and came direct from Ford.

Buying obsolete from other dealers you're at their mercy, no way to be sure of the condition of the part or how/where it's been stored. I've been burned several times by dealers on obsolete parts.

-Steve

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Hmmm, I have a front bumper cover sitting in my barn that I was going to put on my old SVTF until it got totalled after Hurricane Sandy. Perhaps I should sell it.

·
Registered
680 Posts
You can get them aftermarket now for the svt
I got one from O'reillys. Albeit a very big pain in my you know what...

They couldn't quite grasp that mine was a 6 speed and not the 5 speed. They ordered the wrong one 2 different times.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
VPI is doing some of the Ford stuff now? That's nice to hear, especially for lower production stuff that might otherwise get scrapped.

Not so nice some stuff is unavailable but good to have a thread to track what's gone. I knew some of the stuff was discontinued but not all of those. Speaking of parts no longer available, is there any common failure stuff that might be good to stock up on that's about to run out?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got one from O'reillys. Albeit a very big pain in my you know what...

They couldn't quite grasp that mine was a 6 speed and not the 5 speed. They ordered the wrong one 2 different times.
What are the correct part numbers for the 6 speed SVT from Oreilly? and how do they compare to the OEM? Beefy? I know the EMPI ones were good but those are no longer available either... how does the carrier and bearing look for the pass side?

·
Registered
683 Posts
This thread is a great idea Steve!

Umm..a discontinued part thread for non SVT focus parts, and Ford Racing parts wouldn't be a bad idea either.

I suppose those lists might take quite a time to compile, but might save time on the constant parts requests for stuff that's not available anymore,assuming people look at it.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts