Ford Focus Forum banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Thanks for the replies guys. I wish we had time to do more with this car. it really is a cool machine and deserves to be thrashed again. Maybe in 2015 it will make it's re-debut.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #89

·
Registered
819 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Sweet most images are broken already

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Well, Snapfish didn't work for long so photos are now here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/team_illuminata/albums/72157675062456295

We've actually been working on the car recently. You know how we said it used to be owned by Oakland University? Well a group of students from there were visiting the shop, saw it and got very excited about fixing it up. How could we say "no"? So what did we achieve? Well we got the engine running, sort of.

https://youtu.be/AjHCWfx7d6k

This resulted in us compiling a long list of things to take care of before attempting to get it running properly:

to do list by Team Illuminata Motorsport, on Flickr

Some of which we have been working on. First, the leaking fuel cell:

image by Team Illuminata Motorsport, on Flickr

We bought a replacement from ATL but it came without the built-in surge tank and the hole is not in the center.

Not to worry; we think we can make it work. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Awesome update! Glad you're still working on it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guys I would like to introduce my self I recently purchased the Focus from team illuminata actually took procession of it yesterday. My family is well known in Canada for our previous Ford race cars as we've owned the ex Mirko racing Svt contour mumm brothers racing cougar and Kyle Chura Svt Focus. I will be completing the car over the winter months and hopefully racing it in Canada next year. As Paul has done I will update this thread as I move along with the project .

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and can't wait to see it done!

81 - 100 of 108 Posts