Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 8379 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Nice.

I need to throw my stock 17s back on and see where I'm sitting with an OE diameter tire -.-

Wasn't one of those cars on Brocks once?

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
theindustrialist said:
Nice.

I need to throw my stock 17s back on and see where I'm sitting with an OE diameter tire -.-

Wasn't one of those cars on Brocks once?
ask and you will receive. :p

i have something sick instore for my car here soon...since i have soo many pics of ivans car stashed away :p

oh heres a better pic i found...

215 45 17 all the way down in the rears on the "stock" off the shelf wound coils in the rears...

as you can see on my sidewalls...when im bombing corners they rub...horribly....half way down to the rims...

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
I would'nt consider that 'tucked'. Yes, its lowered. But tucked its not...Good looking stance either way tho...

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
not saying it is. its not tucked at all...just saying its hard to make a focus tuck...to go tucked it takes a hell of a drop....;)

·
Registered
766 Posts
dj_kurruption said:
That is Tobyboom's car. He is on FC Coilovers IIRC.

lol i have those rims for sale right now lol. but they didn't tuck like his did.....but i'm drop 1.75 inches though.....and i guess thats not low at all lol.....

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
crzyprazer316 said:
lol i have those rims for sale right now lol. but they didn't tuck like his did.....but i'm drop 1.75 inches though.....and i guess thats not low at all lol.....
1.75?

lol

Yeah, 3.5-4" tucks, 1.75 is standard issue 'drop'.

- Drew

·
Registered
520 Posts
They look like Volk CE28/9N's, but that's a different centre cap. Not sure.

·
Registered
766 Posts
hrmm they don't come in that color....i was looking and thought that thye might be kyowa kr-206? but i could be wrong.

·
I'm bringing Zetec back...
3,345 Posts
Hopefully this link works, but for a day back in 2002, I rolled with a hardcore rake. And trust me, the fronts were tucking. 16x7 40mm et wheels with stock 205/50-16 Firestones.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
How is this for being tucked?

and next to an RS

By jinstall at 2008-10-18

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
IMO, too much "Tuck" looks like a giant stepped on their Hot Wheels car, screwing it's axles. ;)
A little is fine, but you have to remember... This is NOT a Honda.
The fenders are different, the geometry is different, etc. Without bags and fender work, you can't just make it into a different car.
That VW above might look pretty good once they finish it and paint it, but the Focus is not a VW either.
If you want to take it to the bumpstops, bags are about all you can do if you ever intend to drive the car.
Jinstall has about as low as you can go without bags, and his is with some custom cutting, and his travel is pretty limited.
:)

·
Car Photo God!
4,292 Posts
^^^ Most VWs at least raise the towers and or notch the frame. Not many that don't tuck particularly with coils and especially to that extent. To steal from Mitch, this isn't a plug and play suspension. Trimming fender walls and revised control arms is fairly common. VWs, Hondas, Minis doesn't matter they aren't "made" to sit like this.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
theindustrialist said:
o2 those are some pretty good examples. Here's one I found from an old thread on here. No clue what setup this is though.

Focus Central Coilovers with Focus Central Control arms. This was with it dropped ALL The way, and would be HORRIBLE to drive on though.

21 - 40 of 8379 Posts