Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
6,179 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey Blivit what is needed to order this? Do I have to scan the car and get the codes? I went to the SCT site and couldn't find a price to order. Or am I blind and just didn't see it?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hey Blivit what is needed to order this? Do I have to scan the car and get the codes? I went to the SCT site and couldn't find a price to order. Or am I blind and just didn't see it?
Because this is custom tuning, we are not selling an actual tune file. You would need to contact one of our custom tuning dealers like FSWerks to purchase the hardware and tune file.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Whoa, let's answer Rich's question. I am sure he isn't the only one to be curious about this. Can the traction control be turned off through the tune? Is that something that should be asked of FSWerks? Or is this too early to tell?

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'd just as soon trade-in my NA for an ST vs. buying a turbo kit. I'd be out at least the same amount of money with a kit, and without the other supporting mods to handle that kind of power (bigger brakes, stronger knuckles, CV joints, etc).

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
I think it's too early to tell what can and can't be disabled at this point. This is still very new, let's see how it goes for a bit here... :)

I will have a car here next week to read the strategy and do some test flashes if the data base is supported. One step at a time....

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm sure you'll do right by us.

Hopefully there will be a solution for custom tunes for those of us with parts on our cars already, whether it be sending back datalogs or what. I know all of this is in the tentative stages, but I'm pretty excited about the prospect.

·
Grassroots Sponsor
245 Posts
Things are finally moving for us N/A folk. Pretty exciting!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Were they DCT?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My car was the auto that came through. If/when you need another auto to stop through to test let me know, be more than happy to stop by.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'll be taking a few days off next week. Once I'm back I'll be able to get back onto this since I just got word the manual data base I need is now ready for me.
Thanks for your continued hard work. :) Enjoy your time off!

21 - 40 of 58 Posts