Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy said it was a 1969 with a 390 V8. First wagon I remember was a '68, with a 390 factory towing package (air shocks and 4 barrel), ours was green with the vinyl "woodie" sides.

[

Had these third row seats, were actually facing seats in the cargo area. My brother and I usually rode in booster seats in the back seat, unless there were other adults who were going somewhere. Then we rode in the third seats, and the booster seats had been modified by my dad to have leather straps to keep our hangs to ourselves.

Child protective services would have called that abuse nowadays.

Ah, memories.

I'm convinced that National Lampoons followed my family on vacations and used stuff they saw in the movie. My dad tried to drive through a carry out tunnel with bicycles on the top. Guy working there frantically waved his hands stopping him before he could do any damage.

Mom also loaded an Ex-Cargo on top while in the garage. Pulled out, and ripped it off. Did some damage to the door and wood, scratched the car's roof and cracked the Ex-Cargo. Bought that used for $5 my dad said.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, when you're a little kid, strapped into booster seats with restraints "for your own good!" it's not that much fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts