Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
man, if I had cad on my computer I would whip up these templates for you right now. I'm sure someone on this site can do it for you, then all you would have to do is bring them to a cnc shop and have them cut out for you. Are you moving along on your car yet?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would've been great! I'll have to ask around, or if you know somesone.

I haven't done much since Josh came down to grab the bumber and fenders off my car. Jim says he'll be able to start next week though! I'm very excited. While the engine is pulled, the shell will be getting converted. 2 birds with one stone.

Lastly will be suspension and brakes. Dominic has all my parts ready at the powder coaters.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Dominic will probably be getting a call from me near the end of december:thumbup: I am still deciding between fully gutted and partial interior. Its been really hard to get a hold of dyhlan lately so that might make up my mind on the door cards. I still need him to get me wheels though. I have been looking up time attack rules and it might make sense for me to just pull everything right now instead of later.

·
MS Paint PWNS ME!
9,807 Posts
That would've been great! I'll have to ask around, or if you know somesone.

I haven't done much since Josh came down to grab the bumber and fenders off my car. Jim says he'll be able to start next week though! I'm very excited. While the engine is pulled, the shell will be getting converted. 2 birds with one stone.

Lastly will be suspension and brakes. Dominic has all my parts ready at the powder coaters.
December 9th is my last day of this hectic semester :thumbup: Let me know when stuff is happening so I can help!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dominic will probably be getting a call from me near the end of december:thumbup: I am still deciding between fully gutted and partial interior. Its been really hard to get a hold of dyhlan lately so that might make up my mind on the door cards. I still need him to get me wheels though. I have been looking up time attack rules and it might make sense for me to just pull everything right now instead of later.
Do give him a call! He does exceptional work. I ordered the full set with bushings. I would go full gutted interior if I were you. However, if you can make the parts some how easily removable/installible then do so! Especially for the GTGs. Like Glenn, I would just make the inserts for the panels.

December 9th is my last day of this hectic semester :thumbup: Let me know when stuff is happening so I can help!
Cool...well if Jim gets the car sometime after the 9th, there should be some time to pull off parts not needed.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Glad to see this coming along! I also have to order some stuff from Dominic but alas have to waite for funds.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
isnt it a better idea to just buy a kit from TCE from ff? i could draw the templates in cad but im not sure id be confident about the piece lol. Still dont know much about materials and fatigues

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Rudel, do you need something designed in CAD for the RS calipers on SVT hubs/rotos? I am a civil engineer and have a bachelor's degree in architecture. I have all the design programs on my personal laptop at home where I do side-work......

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well, I was going to send my hubs, knuckles and Bremboes up to Dominic to fab something up.

I know he's busy up there. But I do need something for what you mentioned. I have to be able to fit t least 17s.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
hmm, well if you don't go that route....I own an SVT, and it gets parked for winter. I have brand new rotors and pads that need to go on so it would be perfect to figure out fitment of RS calipers on spankin new rotors and stock wheels.....at the very least I could make up the design in 3d on cad for you to have made....

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Sounds good to me. Are you implying you will be using RS calipers on SVT knuckles as well?
if possible, yes....I just can't source the calipers at this time to figure out how to make it work...

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I would be more than happy to make the design of mounting brackets available in PDF form for the other guys here doing the conversion..... If you send me yours to borrow I could have htem whipped up in a couple days and sent back....

1 - 20 of 99 Posts