Ford Focus Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
The suit fits good, but what does the bride wear?

How about a video of some track time when you are ready to rock? From in and/or out of ****pit. I'd love to hear it run around.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Well, the 1st sign of life.
For some odd reason the starter relay won't work and the only way we can get it to work is bypassing it.
I have to get this stock ECU piggy back, all thanks to Carl @ Massive for ******g me over with SCT, I'll be doing a bad review about him.

http://vid218.photobucket.com/albums...psn7knnwo1.mp4

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Can't see it... the link is broken for the pic. I'm not even going ask about the Karl thing, because there are places the stock ECU just can't go no matter what... at least, you still have a few options out there.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Double post, so I'll add this... you asked about which wing should you use on page 3, then went with the FR drag wing. I'd much rather see a real WRC wing to go with the WRC front bumper/fenders, especially if you finish the rear wide body work. The FR wing looks way too common in comparison.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited)
[video]http://vid218.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/FocusAngel/IMG_0467_zpsuyetzmjh.mp4[/video]
There's been some issues this month but, the engine is running fine now. just about ready to get tune, I'm hoping next week???
A few small issues that need to be fix at a later date but, No big bicky
CFM and Massice control arms and camber-toe arms, I've got heaps of camber on 0 camber thread...WTF

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Get the CFM toe arms, they are more robust. I've tried them both and the Massive ones wore loose and rattled in a year, the balls were too small... though, Massive is the one with big enough balls to make them available first, like a lot of other things they do right.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #70

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I didn't realize you had a FR IM. That is really going to hold you back in the upper rpms once you break about 350 or so. I need to find the dyno charts from when Andy made the switch. It was a 40hp difference to go to the top speed unit.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Just got back from the proformance shop and the Focus is on the dyno ready to be tune next week.
Only made 113.7Whp but, pointless to push stock injector and 98octang and tuning time for NO reason.
It's been a mission and an half, running 2 ecu and the MSD stuff wasn't easy.
For whatever reason the MSD coil isn't work right and the frequency has to be dead on, so we won't be using MSD coils.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I answered my own question going back through the thread. Did your builder give any reason for needing that much oil capacity?

Also any reason for doing all this work and then not flaring the rear and going with a 4 door?

The extra length could be seen as a benefit for Drag racing but then you wouldn't use that wing style. I guess I am just confused as to the purpose and certain aspects of the build.

Would love a break down as to why you went with certain parts for your overall design!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
The oil tanks holds little bit more then stock.
All the hose to the oil filter, oil cooler radiator and the turbo oil line too and from to the oil pan all add up to extra volume.

The WRC body kit was for a 3 door and I owe a 5 door.
I only needed to flare the front fender for the fat bat tires, I would of had to flare the some of the back door and it already costed me $3000 to get this bodykit to fit right to my car.

Pm me your number if ya want me give ya more info

I answered my own question going back through the thread. Did your builder give any reason for needing that much oil capacity?

Also any reason for doing all this work and then not flaring the rear and going with a 4 door?

The extra length could be seen as a benefit for Drag racing but then you wouldn't use that wing style. I guess I am just confused as to the purpose and certain aspects of the build.

Would love a break down as to why you went with certain parts for your overall design!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Just giving my baby it's 1st bubble bath...teehee!
Pick up the wing this morning.
few more photo and video will be up loaded within a few hours.
Off to the performance shop in 2-3 week for dyno tuning so a new thread will be posted up when fully finish.
I had a vision and dream for this Focus 12 years ago and it really didn't come to past until this morning what I created.
May the engine emperor give me the strenght and boost as we move forward for tuning in the coming weeks and shield me from the haters as we show them what for.
I love huge wings, the down force doesn't lie...LOL...TeeHee!

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/FocusAngel/WRC%20bodykit/39F30114-2CCE-4C45-8038-B9CDA557779A_zpsskznxisp.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/FocusAngel/WRC%20bodykit/5B0F9600-1050-4337-AA01-B09CF5D65B3A_zpsslhedssv.jpg
So with or without the V4 fox mustang hood...LOL

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
I say, without the hood; but I'm boring. Either way it looks like a riot.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I think I like it w/o the mustang style hood but the other hood may look nice with some white on it.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts