Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been a long time in the making but, my Focus project is starting to take shape.
You have to find the right person to take on a project like this because this guy has turn pile of crap into sema art.
Only got the wing and the hood to do and I should have her back in 2 weeks.
The rear bumper was designed for a ZX3 and also flared out, so I've only got 10-15mm to the rear tyres.

And before someone PM asking me where can I buy this kit from, I wouldn't bother because any of these bodykit I have seen for sale over the years just don't fit at all and all the custom brackets and the cutting the front bar is just a load of Bull****.
You will need the carbon fiber insert for the huge wing, there's some custom work to be done and if you think it's going to stay on glass your kidding yourself.
I have thought about making molds but, I would need like 15-20 orders and even then the body shop guy doesn't really want to do it....lol

Here is the front bumper done, I love the extra down force.
Just waiting on the hood now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
A fan of Dune "I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
When the fear has gone there will be
nothing. Only I will remain."

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is some very nice crafstmanship going into that. I'm impressed.
Your not wrong about the craftmanship going on into this project, wait until you see the engine even O'lordly will be impressed...TeeHee!
The front bumper is getting something extra added to it that NO1 has done before on here, A few have but, not to the level I'm going too...LOL

·
FJ Premier Sponsor
12,444 Posts
Nice to see it coming together Rob, any ETA on getting it done?

-Steve

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'll wait to see a finish product. Too many "incomplete" builds on these forums. Best of luck, but I'm not holding my breathe on ever seeing a finished product.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice to see it coming together Rob, any ETA on getting it done?

-Steve
The bodykit will be done in a few weeks so all good but, to take it to the paint shop and do the hole car won't be happening anytime soon. I'm waiting on a quote and I won't be to shock if it's not less then $5000+!
After the bodykit is done it's going to get the fuel setup done, that'll be private spec so I won't sharing on here!
The engine is at the machine shop so I'm waiting on them to hurry hell up, once they're done we can start building it.

I'll wait to see a finish product. Too many "incomplete" builds on these forums. Best of luck, but I'm not holding my breathe on ever seeing a finished product.
I would love to see you or anyone else throw $50,000+ because building a race car isn't cheap.
This thread is for bodykit only not the whole car done 100% finish.

·
FJ Premier Sponsor
12,444 Posts
I do know how long he's been working on this and how much time has gone into the engine alone. Don't be so negative.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is the front bumper done, I love the extra down force.
Just waiting on the hood now.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Oh!
[edit] Love that idea. Underside is still accessible without having to unbolt anything. Although radiator support swapping may be a bitch.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
The body kit is done now and I can't beleive how well it's all turn out from a pile of crap to a sema art.
There more photo on page 1 post 15.
I don't have the money to get the body kit painted but, at least it's all done.

Next week it's going to get the fuel setup done ( private spece so won't be posting) with battery box and race sit and maybe roll cage.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
This thread reminds me of how much I miss Colin McRae.
Great job, keep up the great work.
Now make her quick.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have NEVER been a fan of that hood. However with that WRC kit it looks awesome. I think a set of aerocatches would look better over the pin type of hood pin. Very nice regardless.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts