Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey it has been awhile but I picked up a new 2015 ST a few months ago and so far have been loving it, a huge improvement in every area vs my old zx3. Anyway there has been an issue coming up recently that I haven't been able to find anywhere else.

My driver seat moves left to right, it is just the lower cushion part that moves, the bolts going into the car are tight there is no issue there but I was just curious if anyone else has had this issue in the past. It is really unsettling when you are going around corners and the seat moves left to right on you when going through a corner, really takes away from some of the enjoyment of driving this car. I went into the dealer yesterday to have them look at it but they didn't really get anywhere. They have a call into ford to see what the next steps were but said that it is impossible to order a whole new seat and that only individual parts are available (rails, brackets and so on). So I was just trying to see if this was known about before as I haven't had any luck finding a similar issue yet. Thanks for the help and I hope to get this resolved.

·
FJ Premier Sponsor
12,444 Posts
My guess is you'll end up with a new seat base, can't say I've heard of any issues with these things.

-Steve

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently still no word from Ford, but I'm sure with it being a holiday weekend that doesn't help much either. I really just want to get it taken care of so I don't have to be moving back and forth as I go around corners.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem with my 15 ST, is yours powered ST3 seat? There are two bushings (similar to a sway bar) that hold the seat cushions on a metal bar. it looks like the the bushings need to be tighten.

Let us know what you find out from the dealer. Good Luck.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine are the the non powered version. After going to the dealer they said they could tighten it down but then the seat would not be able to move up and down thus making the fix worthless. they put a call into ford who told them to compare it to another like car, only problem being is that these are not all that common. After a week of not hearing anything i called ford directly (on 9/18) and told them about this and am now waiting to see what happens. this is just getting more and more annoying especially since I am going to deals gap in a couple weeks and will probably end up still having the seat moving left to right as i go around corners, needless to say i got these seats to get rid of that problem and now they are the cause.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts