Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
put new REAR pads and calibers on my 02 svt this weekend and saw that the rotor doesn't fill out the caliper or pad surface. is this normal? got new rotors from summit appear to be same size. what are the correct size of the rotors for the rear???

·
Camera 1, Camera 2..Camera 1, Camera 2
7,494 Posts
They probably gave you incorrect rotors for an Advance Trac equipped Focus. Not surprising, though. Summit can't get their **** straight to save their life. NEVER trust Summit's car parts finder based on simply entering your vehicle year, make, model, etc. Don't really trust ANY car parts finder if you drive an SVT, as they will almost always be incorrect. I ALWAYS to a side by side comparison before installing new parts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They probably gave you incorrect rotors for an Advance Trac equipped Focus. Not surprising, though. Summit can't get their **** straight to save their life. NEVER trust Summit's car parts finder based on simply entering your vehicle year, make, model, etc. Don't really trust ANY car parts finder if you drive an SVT, as they will almost always be incorrect. I ALWAYS to a side by side comparison before installing new parts.
I normally do compare however these rotors were already on the car once i put new pads and cailbers on i check placement and noticed it did not line up. i got the rotors after the fact and they too were incorrect. i just bought this thing in march and have been pouring money all over it. when i did the timing the spark plugs were incorrect but barely used almost like new. hopefully didnt do any damage. so it does not surprise my to find other incorrect parts. back to my question what are the correct rotor size or where can they be found.

·
7,494 Posts
Centric Front rotors:

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...cp.r_qf.&fp=58cffd7e089b64e0&biw=1366&bih=643

Centric Rear rotors:

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...61,d.cGE&fp=58cffd7e089b64e0&biw=1366&bih=643

Clicking on any of the results will give you an image with all the dimensions. MANY of us have been using Centric rotors with no issues including myself - as a DD, auto-x and track use car. These rotors are the best bang for the buck. Pair up a quality Hawk HPS pad and your'e good for 40k miles of killer braking. :thumbup:

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Centric is owned by Stoptech, I trust their stuff....more than new Brembo rotors, which are no longer made in Italy and appear to be just another cheap east Asia sourced part.

Centric is now our go-to for LeMons racing rotors, which see more abuse than just about anybody on this forum creates.

·
7,494 Posts
Exactly, Brembo blanks aren't what they used to be :(

Another rotor I've had great luck with for many years are the Raybestos Advanced Technology rotors. Depending on the application, they can be pretty inexpensive. Never tried them on a performance application, but they have worked flawlessly for the trucks, SUVs, minivans, and sedans I've used them on.

·
Registered
105 Posts
MANY of us have been using Centric rotors with no issues including myself - as a DD, auto-x and track use car. These rotors are the best bang for the buck. Pair up a quality Hawk HPS pad and your'e good for 40k miles of killer braking. :thumbup:
I put the Centric rotors and Hawk HPS pads on all four corners about 6 weeks ago and they have been rock solid. I actually wait a bit longer to brake at stops just to see how solid the brakes are on this car and they amaze me every time.

Mike O.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Um... isn't StopTech a performance division of Centric???

Yeah, yeah, that must be what you meant.

Also - you should always VERIFY the part number is the correct for your vehicle FROM THE MANUFACTURER ... not the supplier... suppliers are idiots.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts