61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
[Self-edited].

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
We have kept our development rather quiet....but trust me when I say that we are working on it.
Selective quoting can work to a persons advantage or dis advantage. All the positive info is being looked over because proof such as a dyno sheet or a picture of a laptop in a focus is not being provided. This right here to me is confirmation that you seem to have been looking for. At least with SCT we know when it comes out its the full package, meaning handheld to make basic adjustments and the ability to return to stock if need be. Just my $.02

Say what you will but SCT develops the entire package for the customer and our dealers.
I really want to say something snarky. I really do; it's my nature. But in the spirit of not inflaming anything, all I will say is we've all done a lot of waiting, and until now, that waiting has been without proof that anyone has been doing anything for us.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Selective quoting can work to a persons advantage or dis advantage. All the positive info is being looked over because proof such as a dyno sheet or a picture of a laptop in a focus is not being provided. This right here to me is confirmation that you seem to have been looking for. At least with SCT we know when it comes out its the full package, meaning handheld to make basic adjustments and the ability to return to stock if need be. Just my $.02
I just think it's kind of lame that the reaction of an employee of SCT to the possibility of a competing tune is, "Yeah, right". Get a product to market! Let the consumer decide, instead of saying "You can't do that!". If both products come out in the same timeframe, they'll get equal consideration by me and other Focus owners, I'm sure. I've asked the Injected Engineering folks for dyno sheets on the other forum, and their response has been that they have some, and that soon we might see them when things are further along. That's pretty promising, if you ask me.

I'm interested in the final results. Not brand loyalty, not who makes a less expensive product, but a full-featured result. REDFOCZ, I'm somewhat disappointed that your point of view seems to be "SCT or bust".

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Not at all, I am just being objective. I know coming from by last car in the GM world a company called Trifecta Tuning makes tunes for GM cars that are not supported by SCT, HPT, or DiabloSport. The only way around this was to use the tuning software directly from GM and to flash the tune you would have to pay a deposit for the equipment sometimes as high as $500 they mail it to you, you flash the tune and mail it back. granted this works but the extra hassle of the way its done is cumbersome. Now if Injected is able to come out with a way that is easy like SCT with a handheld that is yours that you dont have to mail back with the ability to make simple adjustments on the fly. They we have a great option.

Just seems a lot of hate going towards SCT how has stated they are working on the focus and is trying to make somthing where dealers can sell there own tune such as FSwerks, Toms tune or who ever else. Now if push came to shove and say SCT didnt release anything and the options was what I mentioned above I would choose it.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I don't hate SCT, REDFOCZ. I don't have any basis to hate them. I can't say or speak for other people, some of whom I do suspect actually hate SCT. Why, I don't know.

What I do know is what I've experienced so far. I would love to buy a Livewire TS by SCT, with tunes from FSWERKS, for instance. Do I need to post a meme image of Fry, with cash in hand? But I'm also open to the idea of someone selling us something like a Diablosport Trinity with tunes for our car too. I'm just tired of this cloak-and-dagger nonsense of not actually knowing what's going on. The official responses we've gotten from SCT (facebook, email), etc has been less than satisfactory. They have had, and still have, the opportunity to rectify that. They have the choice of getting on here, or FF, or social media, and asking us, 'what are you looking for?' or giving us a rough idea of when to expect something. So far though, the general feeling is that we've been made to feel like it's our fault for either buying a problematic car to tune, or that we didn't buy an ST. I don't like that. It isn't professional. I don't treat my clients that way; if I did, I'd be in the bread line.

Maybe this will light a fire under SCT. I'm sure I'd be just as happy with one of their products as any other reliable, reputable company's product. We're waiting to be wowed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am enjoying all of this! Stirring the pot is good! The only way i could justify myself spending money on aftermarket products was if there was tune available, and i dont encourage conservative business plans by companies (microsoft and their windows 8). You have my support when you come to a full developed product.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Looks like things are moving along now.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
And the flood gates have opened! FSWerks is looking for volunteers! You'll have to follow them on FB and reply there to sign up. And they want you to be near Anaheim. I guess that means I'm out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the Injected Engineering tuner...

Unboxing...

Size comparison. It's SMALL...

The ports...

Some pics of it in action. This device loads FAST. I have used various SCT and Hypertech tuners, and this is by far the fastest I have ever used. 4 tunes on the device: stock, 87, 93, and 1500 rpm idle for intake valve cleaning (for use with Injected's cleaning kit)...

I haven't had much seat time. I am using the 87 octane tune until I get a full tank of 93 in there. My commute to and from work is a little over 25 miles one way on a curvy an hilly two lane (Route 33 in WV). Today I loaded the tune at work on my lunch break and drove with it home. But, I got stuck in construction and behind a lot of traffic. I need more seat time. I did drive it in town a little, drove in D, S, and Manual. Got to do a couple of WOT passes (one in D and one in Manual). Impressions thus far:

1. Power: more is there, but without a dyno, I cannot say how much. The engine revs so much quicker and much more seamlessly. You give it the throttle and it just goes. It doesn't hesitate. Injected is working on more and I can't wait. There is more there waiting.

2. Drivability: much better with excellent throttle response and no hesitation. When I first started it after flashing it took about 30 seconds for everything to settle in and then it was great. Idle is about 50-75rpm more which is welcome.

3. Shifting: no DCT tuning yet, but the drivability improvements to the engine have improved the action of the transmission. Considering it has to relearn after a flash, it is already much better than it was.

I will report more in a couple of days. Right now things look great and I give kudos to Injected for their efforts and hard work. Fantastic work guys! [clap]

Update 5/22/13:

I just filled up with 93 again and should be good to go. I just loaded the 93 tune on my break and I will try it out on the way home today and while doing some school visits here in town.

The 87 tune is not going to show any huge gains at the top end right now (but they are still fiddling with everything and if you knew the sheer number of parameters they have to deal with you would be amazed they are even trying all of this), but the greatest gains so far are with drivability and area under the curve. The car is much more responsive and a joy to drive. Smoother too.

I can't wait to see what the 93 tune brings since they are telling me that I will see a pretty good difference.

And before anyone says that SCT got a 17hp gain on their tune, remember that their car was modified (mine is too) and their baseline was with 87 octane. The tune dyno was with 93 and they revved the engine out beyond the cut off for their baseline. I know _RED_ himself is being realistic about all of it and so should we. Both companies are doing good work we should be happy about. Compare apples to apples guys. Besides, like I have said before: different car, different dyno, different day. You cannot race a dyno sheet...

61 - 71 of 71 Posts