Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't say much but a place near me that I contacted just picked up a focus test car automatic to do some work on it. A guy who works for Ford and was a owner of sorts of SCT will be doing some work this week. They were going to use my car but I can't be without a car for 3 days right now but they still might need my car for some testing since mine is a 5spd and has a fswerks intake and stealth exhaust. They told me the guy is doing it cause of the demand from consumers but mainly the demand from other performance companies, so I guess they have heard our clamoring after all. I will keep you guys updated. Don't have permission for some reason to post on focus fanatics, so I will just be posting on here. I will keep you guys up to date with everything.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Can't say much but a place near me that I contacted just picked up a focus test car automatic to do some work on it. A guy who works for Ford and was a owner of sorts of SCT will be doing some work this week. They were going to use my car but I can't be without a car for 3 days right now but they still might need my car for some testing since mine is a 5spd and has a fswerks intake and stealth exhaust. They told me the guy is doing it cause of the demand from consumers but mainly the demand from other performance companies, so I guess they have heard our clamoring after all. I will keep you guys updated. Don't have permission for some reason to post on focus fanatics, so I will just be posting on here. I will keep you guys up to date with everything.
Please, automotive gods, let this be true.

·
Registered
768 Posts
If this pans out, you can bet I'll be in it for a Livewire TS from a Forum Sponsor vendor for my '12 Hatch. Considering I'm running 93, FSWERKS race exhaust, and Steeda CAI, I'd be floored.

·
Registered
883 Posts
If this isn't true I will be so unhappy

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Interesting, let's see how this turns out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think their very serious cause the guys at the shop were talking about shopping the info they get to other performance companies. In they voice mail they left me they did say there was no supported tune from any company but they had a calibrations engineer that could modify the tune and he would be the for the week. So I went there today and that's when I found more out about the guy and they showed me around and filled me in. They said the only reason they grabbed the other focus from ford is cause I didn't get back to them that day. So I think I just called at the right time when they were planning on doing it anyway. Believe me I've been craving a tune. I really wanted the roush kit form the concept. I told them that and they are a roush dealer and they said they would talk to them for me. This shop is really legit, the are a dealer for almost every major domestic tuner company. Hell they have a dyno competition day once a year.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Wait, I'm confused. In your first post you said it was someone from SCT, but this post seems to indicate that it's someone from a local tuning shop? That is a world of difference...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is a local tuning shop but the guys at the shop said a calibrations engineer who works for ford/was a owner of sorts of SCT is using their shop to do work on the focus while he's around this week. They said he has the tools to tune our NA focus. They did say that our PCM is something no one's worked on before and that the ST used a PCM that's been tuned before, hense why they had a tune so quickly.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will know more details later this week through next week. I will make sure I can swing my car by for them to pull data off of it if the need/want it. Trust me I want my car to be a tester for this!!!

·
Registered
490 Posts
the ST used a PCM that's been tuned before, hense why they had a tune so quickly.
Incorrect. Based on that, I would call BS here. Now if the shop said that and not the supposed former owner of SCT that's a different story. Being a current SCT employee (for 7 years) I know the current and former owners..most of which are still here....

·
Registered
768 Posts
Yeah, this is rapidly deteriorating into a false lead. Things aren't adding up really. Disappointing.

HERE I WAS, GETTING ALL EXCITED AND STUFFS. :rant:

·
Registered
768 Posts
I've got no option other than to cool my heels, so.... haha. Or shout loudly/lividly at my car, about how uncooperative it is, and how unloved a P.O.S. it is, possibly looking touched in the head to my neighbors.

(I don't actually do that. Possibly).

·
Registered
883 Posts
Incorrect. Based on that, I would call BS here. Now if the shop said that and not the supposed former owner of SCT that's a different story. Being a current SCT employee (for 7 years) I know the current and former owners..most of which are still here....
Being that you are a current employee why not put a good word into the higher ups down there in Longwood for us. Thanks

·
Registered
883 Posts
I've got no option other than to cool my heels, so.... haha. Or shout loudly/lividly at my car, about how uncooperative it is, and how unloved a P.O.S. it is, possibly looking touched in the head to my neighbors.

(I don't actually do that. Possibly).
Lol you totally do that Kay!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts