Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 122 Posts

·
[FJ] Elite Partner
538 Posts
Seriously considering seeing if these guys can set me up with a set of color-matched red ones for my Abarth.
We are also a KW and ST dealer and we have ST coils for the Abarth and most all Foci as aswell.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
How much do a set of 17x8's weigh in at? I've got a feeling that those wheels would look absolutely amazing on my Cougar, but would be using the wheels for road course racing so I don't want to go too heavy.

EDIT: Oh yeah, that InstaRim app needs Android compatibility ;)

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
If I remember correctly they weigh about ~25lbs. I could be wrong though.

·
[FJ] Elite Partner
538 Posts
They are heavy but made to last, the 17x8s should be about 28lbs. A wheel can weigh 10lbs but if it bends or cracks it is worthless. The cast Tarmacs are strong enough to take all the abuse Ken Blocks WRC car goes through.

·
Grand Master Mabel listens to Death Metal and flip
7,145 Posts
Ron, fifteen52 is also now an importer of Compomotives. Some TH2s would also look awesome on the Abarth in my opinion. :D I have such a soft spot for those wheels.

Welcome fifteen52. :D

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
They are heavy but made to last, the 17x8s should be about 28lbs. A wheel can weigh 10lbs but if it bends or cracks it is worthless. The cast Tarmacs are strong enough to take all the abuse Ken Blocks WRC car goes through.
Magnesium?

·
[FJ] Elite Partner
538 Posts
No just cast Aluminum hence the sub $300 each price. Magnesium would be much more and weigh less.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Sorry, the WRC wheels you were refering to.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Also are you looking into composites and plastics as new building materials?

·
[FJ] Elite Partner
538 Posts
The WRC wheels on Ken Block's car are our cast aluminum Tarmacs, the same ones we have for sale. The race team actually had use come up with a way to dremel out the back of the wheels for break points in the wheel. It is easier to replace a $300 wheel instead of trying to diagnose damage to a couple thousand dollar race suspension with lots of custom parts.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'd be interested in some snowflakes. I like them better than I do the tarmacs. How much would a set of blanks drilled to 4x108 be?

·
[FJ] Elite Partner
538 Posts
Right now we are sold out of Flakes, but hopefully in the next shipment we will have some blanks.

·
Registered
414 Posts
YES! I've wanted to see a set of RML Snowflakes on a Focus for years! Do it!
I know it's a big jump but I'm want either Flakes or Voxx's. I'm having someone photoshop them on the SVT to see if I like them. Hopefully getting coils for Christmas. The car won't be slammed (I'm not ready for a slammed car, I scrape now where I live on a stock suspension) but ill definitely be stanced

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
This thread is useless without pics of an ST with tarmacs on it...

Just saying. :p

21 - 40 of 122 Posts