Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had p0141 code come up and put in a new02 sensor and cleared the code and it keeps coming up and i have cleared it 4 times. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Long story short replacing the front o2 sensor fixed it for me; although it was the p0420 code, but I did see the p0141 at times when I messed around with different combos of mechanical cheaters.

Another possibility is that there could be a short in a wire on the car side of the o2 harness.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked fuses and wire harness and it looks ok I'm going to put new sensors in tomorrow and see what happens the car has not run in 3 years and I just had the motor rebuilt but lots of little things are coming up. I'm just about ready to take it to the dealer and give them my arms and legs.

·
Registered
392 Posts
if ites for the rear o2 sensor its so easy to make a cheater. Or you could always buy one. I have the BBK one and have not had any problems. I have a stock gutted cat

·
Registered
521 Posts
Make sure they are ford o2 sensors. It makes all the difference, also some electrical contact cleaner helps.

·
Registered
870 Posts
If you have an ORP then of course your ECU doesn't recognize the cat missing, and is throwing the code. Don't waste any money replacing the sensor, or buying contact cleaner, you're just throwing away money.

As already stated, you need a tuner (Diablosport, SCT) that will turn off the Rear o2 sensor, or a o2 cheater, which CFM sells:

http://focus.c-f-m.com/bbko2cheaterforfocus.aspx

·
Registered
516 Posts
if you have an ORP, don't waste your money buying "cheaters" just buy a spark plug fouler from autozone for $4, and call it quits....

Also check your heater fuse for the p0141 code

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I put ford o2 sensors in and a cheater and still the same malfunction code. I checked all the fuses and didn't notice any bad ones. What is a spark plug fouler? And I have been looking at a programer.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Did you replace both sensors or just the rear one? Also you might have to reset the code or drive it long enough for it to go away.

People a use sparkplug NON-fowler on an ORP to make the P0420 code to go away instead of buying a tuner or electronic cheater. I used the 42002 non-fowler in the "help" isle at the parts store. I drilled it out (not through) with a 1/2" drill bit and it works perfectly. I dont think it fix your 0141 code though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This... I had a P0420 after a cracked block dumped gallons of antifreeze through the cat. Also would not report "Ready" on O2 and O2 sensor heater. Failed inspections. Installed minicat cheater, and months later now I'm getting p0141. Engine is running super rich as well. My guess is the A/F charts slowly adapted to a parameter getting thrown off in the closed control loop, and this error value continued to accumulate over months. Back to the drawing board... I probably will install a new cat.

Long story short replacing the front o2 sensor fixed it for me; although it was the p0420 code, but I did see the p0141 at times when I messed around with different combos of mechanical cheaters.

Another possibility is that there could be a short in a wire on the car side of the o2 harness.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts