Ford Focus Forum banner

One of my cars was STOLEN in Portland

957 views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  captain-orange 
#1 ·
Wednesday night my 1989 Dodge Raider was stolen from the parking lot at my shop in SE Portland near 9th and Division. Please keep an eye out for it. I'm kind of freaking out inside. I just want it back.

These are not at all common, so if you see one around, it's probably mine. Plate #SP 20432

If you see it, contact the Portland police.
Thanks.

See less See more
#6 ·
I got a call Monday at about 4AM; the police found my car. The arrested the guy driving it. It now has body damage and a bunch of mechanical issues that need to be fixed. Plus, I need to replace all of the controls and trim on the steering column. I haven't yet put together an actual list of everything that needs to be replace/repaired, but it looks like it will be pretty long.

Also, my neighbor had his Land Rover Defender about 2-3 hours earlier. They unhooked his trailer from the car before they stole it. They couldn't figure out how to remove the trailer safety chains from the car so they unbolted them from the trailer. Here's where it gets fun: I found trailer chains sitting on the floor of my car when I picked it up from the tow yard.

#12 ·
I had only liability coverage on the car. The kid that was arrested is only 16. He was charged with 2 class C felonies: Possession of a stolen vehicle and unauthorized use of a vehicle. He was also charged with interfering with a peace officer.

I'm going to try to get restitution. Apparently there is a juvenile work program in Multnomah County specifically to pay off restitution. If that doesn't work I may take is parent(s) to small claims court.

My neighbor's Land Rover was also "recovered". I don't have all the details but apparently it was in a police chase and is now a total loss. I'm told the guy totaled a few other cars during the chase. No word on what he was charged with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.