Ford Focus Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
On the kit... I am still amazed at how quiet it is. I like.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm still considering swapping out my Typhoon, but honestly I've gotten used to that awesome "wail" it has at WOT 3.5K+.

I remember your intake mod thread at FF... Weren't you running with the bottom hole plugged at one time, rather than your newmission-ish mod? How did that sound with just the plug?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I'm still considering swapping out my Typhoon, but honestly I've gotten used to that awesome "wail" it has at WOT 3.5K+.

I remember your intake mod thread at FF... Weren't you running with the bottom hole plugged at one time, rather than your newmission-ish mod? How did that sound with just the plug?
Sounds good actually. Not the boggish sound you get with a CAI or the lid off at low rpm. You only hear it under heavy acceleration and then it is just a nice intake sound. Like it should have came from the factory.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have already done that. I did a variation on newmission's mod using 3" Spectre air ducting. I was also the originator of the snorkel delete (though someone else did a picture write-up) and the delete of the flap behind the upper grille.

I did a lot of firsts over there: STOCK Mazdaspeed 3 RMM, Mazdaspeed 3 springs, Mazdaspeed 3 rear sway bar, snorkel delete... I left there because of harassing behavior of a few that I called out on things and couldn't take it. I'm not much for childish behavior...
I learned, don't call out ricer stuff when ricers act like its the thing to do. Ended up getting banned by the Sonic Crew for something that didn't even happen on the site then, un-banned and, just wont go back.

Ill take the Typhoon if you get rid of it... I think it combined with large MAF housing would make for some decent gains.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Ill take the Typhoon if you get rid of it... I think it combined with large MAF housing would make for some decent gains.
I'll keep you in mind if I decide to sell it.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts