Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
The horsepower numbers are on par with Fswerks but the torque difference is huge. If these numbers are correct I would spend the extra money
for the Steeda intake and Magnaflow exhaust. I believe the theory about the dynos could be correct, 16 to 17 lb/ft difference on a 4 cylinder is
too good to believe.
The intake makes nearly no difference in this comparison as the dyno can not accurately determine the difference between 2 short ram intakes that are recieving the same under hood temps. Yes the intake can add power, but when you dyno with the hood open, there is most likely non underhood temp air getting into the intake. Also, the dyno can not simulate airflow to the filter if there is something like a ram air or cool air hose feeding the intake.

AT BEST, the difference is in the exhaust.

Well, actually FSW dyno sheet shows a lower stock hp...so there is your difference.

Bottom line...NEVER buy an intake based on hp rating. Buy one based on QUALITY! Unless you have a Ramair Trans Am, or an all motor 350/370z. But now were getting complicated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Im not arguing about your numbers just the performance parts. I didnt think about looking at baseline numbers. That would explain the difference.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Old thread, but I'm looking into making the jump for an intake and exhaust. 22 HP difference from stock to Steeda CAI / 2.5" Magnaflow? Seems extremely high. Could you provide me with the part numbers for the CAI and exhaust please?

·
Grassroots Sponsor
245 Posts
Old thread, but I'm looking into making the jump for an intake and exhaust. 22 HP difference from stock to Steeda CAI / 2.5" Magnaflow? Seems extremely high. Could you provide me with the part numbers for the CAI and exhaust please?
Magnaflow numbers
Hatchback - 15072 Sedan - 15138

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm running a custom 2.5 magnaflow, the kit that you can by is only 2.25.

·
Registered
51 Posts
What do you mean by custom? Is more than just the pipe size different? Is it still a catback system or did you replace the cat?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I had a local exhaust shop fab it up, it uses a different muffler and resonator then what is included in the kit. Also I want 2.5 vs the 2.25 magna flow offers.

Sent from my LG Optimus G

·
Registered
51 Posts
So what were the part numbers for the ones you purchased? Why did you want 2.5" over 2.25"?

Also, did you install a resonator (is there one on the stock setup?)?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I don't have the receipts anymore with the part numbers sorry

I wanted 2.5 for head room to grow with for mods down the road and yes I have a resonator and there was one on the stock exhaust as well

Sent from my LG Optimus G

·
Registered
51 Posts
Gotcha, thanks for the info!

Also: did you go with mandrel bent piping?

·
Registered
4 Posts
what octane of gas were you running

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
This was before tuning, so it was on 87 octane.

Sent from my Nexus 7

·
Registered
883 Posts
I would be interested to see HP numbers now with tuning available.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Check the thread with SCT tuning being available. I was the test car so the dyno the list is my most recent one.

Sent from my Nexus 7

·
Registered
883 Posts
Oh nice. Sorry didn't put two and two together.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts