Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the dyno today, to see how much the Steeda CAI and 2.5 magnaflow exhaust helped

170 HP and 163 TQ

Stock numbers
148hp / 143 tq

Intake for the hell of it

Here is the only video I got, this was a test... but you can see how ban the motor mounts are needed now

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Mmm, seems the new 12's duratech are bolt on happy just like its older brother.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
would love to see a/f to see if the stock injectors are keeping up with the mods on the 2012's but its great to see them making nice numbers from simple bolt on parts.

·
Registered
84 Posts
REDFOCZ.... Nice numbers man. This is convincing me to get the steeds intake. How is the intake noise level? Not a fan of sounding like a Honda.

CWCZX3.... Since the new focus is direct port injected fueling will be fine even with mild boost levels (6 to 8 psi). But I see your point.

With a header and a good tune I would not be surprised to see close to 200whp on this engine in N/A form. Well done Ford!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is no tuning available for the MK3's yet. So yes just intake and exhaust.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Yup. Not cool at all.

Who am I kidding? Damn that's awesome. :) Congas on the good numbers, dude. To think, that's just an intake + exhaust. This little engine is a monster.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I can't wait for tuning to come out and see what this thing has left in it.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Very cool. I really like the Steeda intake, but I'm having a hard time paying so much more for it than the FSWerks one (which isn't shabby, either). If this were my only car, it would be no big deal, but I don't plan on spending much on upgrades for the Focus daily driver. That money is supposed to go to the RX-8, and I have so many expensive things I want for the RX-8.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Went to the dyno today, to see how much the Steeda CAI and 2.5 magnaflow exhaust helped

170 HP and 163 TQ

Stock numbers
148hp / 143 tq

Intake for the hell of it

Here is the only video I got, this was a test... but you can see how ban the motor mounts are needed now
That's really awesome!

I can't see the vid for some reason..:(

Very cool. I really like the Steeda intake, but I'm having a hard time paying so much more for it than the FSWerks one (which isn't shabby, either).
I know what you mean.
I have a hard time paying it, when just taking the air-box cover off seems pretty close to the same thing..

·
Registered
17 Posts
The torque number is 16 lb/ft more than the fswerks numbers. Is the Steeda intake and Magnaflow exhaust that much better or are there other factors causing the difference?

·
Registered
87 Posts
would love to see a/f to see if the stock injectors are keeping up with the mods on the 2012's but its great to see them making nice numbers from simple bolt on parts.
One of the guys with a 12 at FR this year put his blue titanium on McNews Dyno it had FSWERKS intake and stealth exhaust ran 150ish hp and said that it was running a tad on the lean side. ( He told me this, He did have his dyno sheet but i didnt look at it)

·
Registered
17 Posts
The horsepower numbers are on par with Fswerks but the torque difference is huge. If these numbers are correct I would spend the extra money
for the Steeda intake and Magnaflow exhaust. I believe the theory about the dynos could be correct, 16 to 17 lb/ft difference on a 4 cylinder is
too good to believe.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Seeing as how the factory numbers all but completely account for the torque difference, i would say that makes the final numbers uncomparable.

Factory torque fsw = 132
Factory torque here = 143

- Drew

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What are you trying to say, that even with providing before and after dynos at the same shop my #'s are still invalid.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 36 Posts