Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had a 2009 focus coupe for the past 4 years. I put a lot of time and money into the car and over the past few months I was looking into turning it into a track car. The money required to get the power and performance I wanted was too much to justify so I decided to buy a focus that was already track ready!

I just traded in my 09 coupe and purchased a brand new 2015 Focus ST w/ ST2 package!! I'm hella juiced!! Literally just drove it off the lot... I can't wait until I hit 500 miles (the recommended break in period) so I can smash!! I am going to upgrade the car over the next year and make it even better on the track!

Here is pics of my 09 and my new ST:

...Can't wait to start modding and take it to Sonoma Raceway for track day!!

SEAHAWKS - SB XLVIII CHAMPS - 12th Man

·
I'm a Self Cleaning Oven!
1,704 Posts
Lucky duck! Congrats, it's beautiful. I'm just green with jealous rage right now. ��

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
White Focus ST post refresh is such a prime choice. Is there anything it "needs" to be track ready? (I only know about my first gen Focus ST that survived Arizona track days quite well.)

I assume brake pads and fluid and an open check book are mandatory.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the note. Now time to start tuning!

I do really miss my FSwerks race exhaust tho. The sound was awesome. Wish it fit my new car. I hope there is an exhaust system for my ST that sounds as good as my old one. Fingers crossed!

---------------------------------
SEAHAWKS - 12th Man Sonnnn!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
White Focus ST post refresh is such a prime choice. Is there anything it "needs" to be track ready? (I only know about my first gen Focus ST that survived Arizona track days quite well.)

I assume brake pads and fluid and an open check book are mandatory.
I need summer tires. For some ****ty reason my new ST came with all season Pirelli P-Zero tires. Unfortunately I didn't notice until the car had already been driven off the lot and the dealership refused to exchange them for the summer sport GoodYear tires they usually come with. The Pirelli tires are not good for cornering in the dry and I have got them to their limits already on the street with no effort. Damn. Damn. Damn.

It's pretty much ready for the track out of the box! The only minor (inexpensive) mods that would make it better would be some strut bars, ecu tune and an upgraded inner cooler. The stock one does a poor job of handling the temps with the turbo and in warm weather will only give me a few laps at full bore. This according to many people on the forums. Other than that it's good to go!

SEAHAWKS - 12th Man Sonnnn!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts