Ford Focus Forum banner

261 - 280 of 284 Posts

·
Raving my tets aft
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
Your car looks amazing, as always. I really like the blue theme you've got going under the hood. Would you have done blue wrap on your header if they made it? How's the carbon wrap holding up to the heat? And although your last under hood pic wasn't very clear it looks like you've done something to the intake and your shock towers look a bit different.

I recently was forced to get a new car and I managed to pick up an orange 3dr. What have you done, if anything, to your fenders? I've got the same 18x8 +35 and am concerned about rubbing with my new cars lowered suspension. My last car had stock suspension so no rubbing.

Header wrap wise I chose what was easy to use and good on heat. Went with the DEI Titanium as it's not itchy and has good heat properties.

Fender wise I have a roll and pull up front with -2.7 camber and rear is just a roll and similar camber...

Will be getting an alignment later this week after doing suspension work over the weekend along with 2 new tyres to be delivered on Thursday (Nangkang NS-20)

·
Raving my tets aft
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
I shall need to get some new photos, took an adjuster ring out the rear and got new tyres and alignment.

Will be picking up a seibon bonnet next week most likely and it shall be on shortly thereafter.

For those interested I will be down at StanceWars Las Vegas, so feel free to say hi! I am looking for a few feature cars to shoot while in town so if you're worthy I'm interested!!!

·
Raving my tets aft
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
What's the cost on one of those? I may go that route instead of another OEM hood when I repaint the car.
I got mine a set part of a group buy and I'm picking it up so I paid less than the $420 seibon lists them for. But they are discontinued so they are just selling off the remaining stock (about 4 OEM style, not sure on numbers for Evo style)

·
Raving my tets aft
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #266

·
Raving my tets aft
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
Surprised I missed this photo in my original post. This one shows the difference in height in the rear since I took a ring out of the adjusters.

DSC_0063 by Gordon Lister, on Flickr

This weekend I actually swapped out my flex pipe for a nice new 2.5" Stainless Steel version from Central Florida Motorsports to fix my crappy blown flex. I had forgotten just how good the SVT exhaust note was stock!

·
Raving my tets aft
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
After falling out of love with the car all summer, its slowly coming back.

In the past week I have bought new wheels (which should be here next week) and ordered a whole bunch of maintenance parts (new LCA hardware [already have new LCA's sitting in storage waiting], timing belt stuff and water pump).

Will have more photos once new wheels arrive and I get the car set up to suit them, followed by a fresh alignment.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
After falling out of love with the car all summer, its slowly coming back.

In the past week I have bought new wheels (which should be here next week) and ordered a whole bunch of maintenance parts (new LCA hardware [already have new LCA's sitting in storage waiting], timing belt stuff and water pump).

Will have more photos once new wheels arrive and I get the car set up to suit them, followed by a fresh alignment.
I know that feeling! I was just getting back into enjoying my '03 when I broke it... Don't feel like fixing it at the moment and I have purchased a '16 ST that I absolutely love. Maybe over winter I'll get motivation to fix up the '03 again.

·
Raving my tets aft
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #276

·
Raving my tets aft
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #280
Car looks fantastic Gordon! I agree, I think the CCWs will look better with a size larger tire.
Yeah I just got to figure out which tyres I want... so many choices....

261 - 280 of 284 Posts