Ford Focus Forum banner

241 - 260 of 284 Posts

·
Raving my tets aft
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
The temptation for new wheels has begun again, it's a yearly thing with me... after a year I get bored and wanna switch it up....

However I have the problem of being a 4x108 bolt pattern and wanting 18s... It's slim pickings without custom ordering a new set or doing fill n drill.

Also half heartedly priced put going bags, going with 3H management, Airlift Mazda 3 rear kit (minus the shocks) and UAS bags for the front. Came out to around $3k the temptation is real. But at the same time my want for a factory turbo car is real too, so I'm really split on where to go from here.

Be done with this project and move to a new canvas or continue this build and take things to another level?

·
Raving my tets aft
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
Keep the SVT for a permanent project car and get a daily. That's what I did, best decision I ever made.
No real need for 2 cars. If I'm getting another car it's gonna be pretty new so I wouldn't be able to afford to keep both.

I wanna get something that is factory turbo, manual and not FWD.

·
Raving my tets aft
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
Well since I had a couple bulbs out I went ahead and ordered some LED replacements.

So now I have LED's for the side repeaters and my parking lights in the MACHS. Might throw the LED in the number plate on the back if they are the same size (still need to check to verify)

·
Raving my tets aft
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
well the new mount is in! So much better being able to shift quickly again.

However still have an issue which I am now thinking might actually be the driveshafts so for now I'm just going to enjoy the car and see if any more issues creep up...

·
Raving my tets aft
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
Well I picked up a used SVT valve cover off the BST page on facebook (bargain! $51.50 shipped!!!!!) and I need to decide what I'm going to do with it.

Kinda split between polishing it and painting it wrinkle blue (like the current one but actually prepped and painted properly this time)
If I go polished what oil cap should I go with?!

So opinions please

·
Raving my tets aft
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
So car got its long overdue new axles and wheel bearings.
That job took way longer than it should have due to one of the snap rings being pretty damn well stuck, we broke a few sets of snap ring pliers actually :lol:

So car got new axles, wheel bearings, hubs and a oil change.

Needs an alignment and noticed a nail in one of my tyres so still some work to do, slowly but surely making her a Beauty to drive once again. After those issues are dealt with comes the looks department.

Will be sand blasting and painting my spare valve cover, wrapping the header and maybe, just maybe getting a light tint on the back 3 Windows.

·
Raving my tets aft
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
Spare valve cover has been sandblasted and painted (same as last time, wrinkle black covered by Ford Blue) - need to order a new gasket before this goes on.

Bought a used AEM CAI in blue - will arrive next week

Booked car in for tint next Friday (12th), going with tint on all 5 Windows, front will be maximum legal tint (70% for California) and rears will be either 30% or 40%

Trying to decide if I want to wrap the headers or not, most likely will but do still need to order the heat wrap.

And I need to do all this as well as a full paint correction detail before 27th which is Blox Evolution in SF, working 5 days a week and going out of town next weekend will make this all kinda difficult to complete in time but I'm ready for the challenge!

Next update will have photos, I swear! :lol:

·
Raving my tets aft
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
So as promised last time there would be photos with this update!

Few things though....

Dented my header and killed an o2 sense so replacing those (already did the o2)
still need to wrap the header (see above reason)

the pictures aint the best to show off the changes, I will get a dslr quality photo of the engine bay once the header is wrapped and some pictures to show off the tint.

and this photo is from yesterday at Blox Evolution 3 (CleanCarCulture coverage is available www.cleancarculture.com/blox-evolution-3 )

·
Raving my tets aft
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
Finally got a replacement header delivered!

Going to try get it wrapped and on the car ASAP! Honestly can't wait to get rid of the ugly ass heat shield :lol:

I'm feeling the itch to get new parts again.... I'm an addict.... Might just wait for Black Friday sales to see what comes up (eyeing up a set of Tarmacs if they do the 25% off again)

·
Raving my tets aft
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #254

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
It looks like your driver Recaro is wearing a bow tie.

- Drew

·
Registered
173 Posts
Havent updated this thread in forever so see if you can spot any changes :cool: :D

DSC_0205 by Gordon Lister, on Flickr

DSC_0207 by Gordon Lister, on Flickr
Your car looks amazing, as always. I really like the blue theme you've got going under the hood. Would you have done blue wrap on your header if they made it? How's the carbon wrap holding up to the heat? And although your last under hood pic wasn't very clear it looks like you've done something to the intake and your shock towers look a bit different.

I recently was forced to get a new car and I managed to pick up an orange 3dr. What have you done, if anything, to your fenders? I've got the same 18x8 +35 and am concerned about rubbing with my new cars lowered suspension. My last car had stock suspension so no rubbing.

241 - 260 of 284 Posts