Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know the M62 is obviously a fair bit bigger, but a while ago i took some measurements of the square hole on the jackson M45 intake manifold (where the blower bolts down onto), and i compared with measurements of the bottom part of the M62 supercharger - and the M62 isnt that much bigger for the bits that matter.

so i wondered if it would be possible with an "adaptor plate". i know of quite alot of people who have bolted larger turbo's onto slightly smaller exhaust manifold flanges with an adaptor plate, and had no problems.

i know the snout and pulley would stick out too far so it wouldnt line up with the drivebelt, but i could get the SC pulley machined (or a new one fabbed up) so it could fit.

is there any issues that would make this a very bad idea?

obviously the m45 jackson intake is probably not designed to take the flow of the extra oomph from the m62, but i dare say the m45 intake flows alot better than the ford OEM intake - and i know of people running large turbo's and 300bhp on the OEM intake without any problems.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Posting into a 5 yr old thread, I know...but the question above has become quite relevant for me recently. I have an M45 JRSC installed and a possible access to the M62 blower (only). I'm curious how far off would the M62 be on the M45 manifold - anyone ever try this?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts