Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My second silencer(muffler) from FSWerks. I am turning my race into a stealth exhaust. Looking forward to that. The race does drone a bit for me.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Agreed, the videos I have seen even just reving were enough to prove why you would want the Stealth.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
From what I've heard is that the stealth pretty much becomes a race exhaust after about 7 or 8 months

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well we will see. I hope not. It's got to be more subdued than my exhaust is now. It's quite loud.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I've been SERIOUSLY considering a quieter setup...

The MBRP was cool for the 25yr old me; but I'm not feeling that much noise anymore!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol I know what you mean!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
How long have you had yours? I've had mine about a month and love the tone. Does it get louder? Cause I thought that I already broke mine in.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have had mine for about 6 months. I don't think it's gotten any loud. It was just loud to begin with. When I am trying to have a conversation and accelerate it's impossible. Thank god for the automatic that drops the RPMs down quickly.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I gotcha...well, post your findings cause I'm going to do the race header soon and know that I'm going to need a resonator. I've seen the videos and thats too loud without one even for me lol

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for posting those. I am sure overtime my exhaust gas gotten louder. It's just hard for me to tell because it was loud to begin with. I will let you know what I find.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I haven't made the jump into exhaust with this one yet. I'm thinking that the Magnaflow is the way to go for me. It has a nice mellow tone for a guy like me with aging ears.

I look forward to your comments on the Stealth.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just waiting for them to ship it. I hope they ship it today. Will let you know. The race is very loud, my partner can't stand it. He said thank god when I told him about me ordering the stealth pipe for it. Idk what to do if it remains loud, add another muffler?

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The package should arrive on the 19th! Woohoo!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Heck yes it's here! But I am at work till 9:30. Boo lol

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I gotcha...well, post your findings cause I'm going to do the race header soon and know that I'm going to need a resonator. I've seen the videos and thats too loud without one even for me lol
You just installed your exhaust didn't you? I was wondering what tools were needed to complete it? The place I went to that installed the exhaust wants $80 to do it, that's how much I paid to have them put the entire thing on. Not gonna do that. Wondering if I have the tools to do it myself...

Sent from my iPhone using

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Yeah no...dont go to a shop...only tools you should need are a jack, jack stands, 3/8 ratchet, long extension and a deep ended 15mm socket. Takes about 15 mins beginning to end.

Sent from meh fone

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Yeah no...dont go to a shop...only tools you should need are a jack, jack stands, 3/8 ratchet, long extension and a deep ended 15mm socket. Takes about 15 mins beginning to end.

Sent from meh fone
Thanks I don't have the jack or jack stands but I am sure I can borrow them from someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What's the difference between the 2 other than its tone?.. OR is that the reason for the 2 ?..
Volume would be a large difference and the stealth from what I have heard has less drone to almost none. So I would like that. Plus the stealth has a deeper tone. There are benefits to both for sure.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts