Ford Focus Forum banner

iOS OBD2 Gadgets

506 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Phillip 
#1 ·
Does anyone have experience with any of these drive monitor apps for iOS and OBDII dongles that communicate via wifi or bluetooth?

Dash
or
Automatic

Or perhaps another one?

I admit I don't hate the novelty factor of some of these things, but I really like that you can have an inexpensive OBD reader that will work on all makes. I have an SCT that I can use for my car, but the wife owns a Nissan and reading the codes can be a hassle, if not impossible. I'm contemplating getting something just for that reason. Just looking for advice from people that have been in my position and found a solution.

Pros / Cons?

#2 ·
I have one of these. Mini ELM327 V1.5

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171329361620?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

And the Torque lite app for android, lite version is free full paid version is pretty cheap and has more features. I've only used it on my 2 focuses but it is designed for all makes. I think it's great and would definitely recommend it. Biggest problem has been getting the bluetooth to pair. I leave it in my car and if I don't pair it the instant I get in the car it won't pair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.