Ford Focus Forum banner

201 - 220 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Hey Chaz you going to Focus Wars in August?

Tempted to come up to Washington for it with a few of the NorCal ST guys
I'd be down Gordon!

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
U bastard.. im still around here lurking an drooling thinking MAYBE one day ill build another an wont even come close to either one of yours..

·
FJ Premier Sponsor
12,444 Posts
Thanks a bunch Steve. You've been a huge help with both of my cars. I haven't forgot about the inner door moldings btw, they're just on the back burner for now as I'm trying to get some stuff done around the house as well.
Always glad to help. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
U bastard.. im still around here lurking an drooling thinking MAYBE one day ill build another an wont even come close to either one of yours..
:wub:
Tx Chris. I appreciate you popping in here. How are you?
If you still have my ph# text me and let me know what's going in your life; if not PM me here -- I know you've had some significant life changes this last couple years (me too I might add).
In any case, hope all is well.
-c-

·
I Drive a Focus.
2,374 Posts
First and foremost: this car is a bit scarier than the '04 in the way it maniacally rushes to redline (which I did bump to 7.2k >ahem< Drew) -- it's weird: the '04 develops more power but this car is quite unruly and dare I say angry in the way it delivers tq.
You really have to pay attention driving this thing at WOT.
Also, I love the disco potato with this motor -- it is very rev happy and I am always in boost. The car is absolute blast to drive in a way that is totally different from the 2.3 with the big turbo.
I could care less about max whp with the DD, it's all about getting from 30-70mph in a rapid manner.

Stay tuned,
-c-
The way you described the '06 is how I feel in my car. It is certainly not as fast as some of the other Focus' out there, but it's just raw. I'm guessing mine has a lot to day with the bags with how "violent" the car feels once it starts making boost. It might just be because my cars not actually done being tuned though. But, we had concrete guys at our house the other day to pour a slab and I had to move the car and the first thing the guy said to me after I moved it was, "Holy ****! I was definitely NOT expecting it to sound like that. It idles like a cammed V8 and then once you rev the car it just gets even angrier sounding. Never thought a 4cylinder could sound that good!"

-Matt

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
They look great in the PR1.2's but you'll have to trim and sand down the inner snap ring and then silicone them in.
Remember: every time you need tires mounted and balanced you'll need to re-silicone them in.
A bit of a PITA you'll have to endure to have a better looking centercap than the one supplied with the wheel ;)
-c-

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
Small little update in case you missed my blurb on FB; I ditched the PITA FS fiberglass lip in favor of a Euro Cupra R lip that my body guy sectioned, smoothed, and trimmed to fit.
It was a bitch to get it to fit right but John is a genius. Came out super clean. Doesn't hang down as low and I personally think it looks better.
Gonna hang onto the FS lip for now in case I ever decide to build a '05-'07 ST racecar.

I'm pretty much finished with this car. I'd like to get an electronic boost controller and inch the boost up slightly as the car is only making 230whp/200wtq atm and I'm well within safe limits of the stock motor. I imagine 250whp and a small bump in wtq will be the sweet spot for this rev happy little beast.

After that I will re-trim the rear hatch area with some new carpet and I plan on just small bit of underhood detailing and call it a day.
I have some big big plans for the '04 this coming year as well as the DD so stay tuned.
-c-

·
Registered
940 Posts
I'm pretty much finished with this car. I'd like to get an electronic boost controller and inch the boost up slightly as the car is only making 230whp/200wtq atm and I'm well within safe limits of the stock motor. I imagine 250whp and a small bump in wtq will be the sweet spot for this rev happy little beast.

After that I will re-trim the rear hatch area with some new carpet and I plan on just small bit of underhood detailing and call it a day.
I have some big big plans for the '04 this coming year as well as the DD so stay tuned.
-c-
Looking good there Chaz. Yes to the EBC. That will make the car a whole lot more fun.
And here I thought you were mostly done with your 04 beast. Can't wait to
see what you have in store for that car.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
Tx Matt, Mik3, and Andy.
Mik3, you're such a goofball ;)

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Thank you Tyler, Chris! I don't much care for FB as a medium -- especially for archival data -- but it does reach a greater audience. No winter tires for this girl, she's been relegated to garage duty in the winter.
My '01 is the DD now. Besides, it doesn't snow much here in Seattle >gulp< :eek:

·
Recaros for Corbeaus and Boyds!
2,355 Posts
I remember what happened last time you said that...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow, car looks great. Definitely one of my favorite mk1.5's :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
^thank you sir!!

201 - 220 of 244 Posts