Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off, many, many thanks to all who post and answer here, your help is very appreciated.
2nd, while I don't consider myself a tuner by any means, I do want the most from my mostly stock ZX3. I added the SVT suspension a few years ago, and it's time for struts/shocks again, as well as brakes.
This brings me to my question (side note: don't scramble the tranny bolts when they are out and laying neatly on a rag, in order, clean and oiled and ready to go back in.) Recent trip to U Pull It led me to a pretty little '08 coupe with what appear to be bigger calipers/rotors than the '02. Zetec engine, coil-on-plug setup, magically they put the battery box where the '02 has the airbox. Automatic. It says it has 9100 miles on it.
Does anyone know of the interchangeability of front end parts, ie. calipers/rotors specifically? Or even the specs on such? Would it be worth the trouble to swap for bigger brakes?
Spindle looks very, very similar, but maybe axles and hubs would have to be swapped also?
I do love doing my research, but I haven't found much in this category. Would love a good source for these specs without having to buy shop manual for the '08 also...
Oh, and the note about the battery tray is for making space for cold air intake. I modified the brace that holds airbox to give a little more space for a cold air filter, last attempt had it wedged in there with what I deemed too little space and too little fresh air flow. I want to move battery to that spot and put the air filter closer to the front ABOVE tranny (Fla has some incredible rain ya know.) Totally NOT my biggest priority tho..
While we're here, has anyone done a clutch or pulled an MTX75 tranny recently that might still have their notes about which bolt goes where??? Nuts! I did have them diligently placed in order, but someone knocked over the tray. Hence the trip to junk yard. I found an '01, but I'm concerned that it was automatic, and the bolts were not the same at all. Mine is post-April '02, and has 6 grade 10 bolts with part smooth shank. This '01 had only 2 grade 10 and they were both on the driver side top securing the starter! What I'm having difficulty with is the top 2 that seem to want to be just a little bit shorter than ALL the other bolts (except 2 shorties whose locations I am sure of.) Anybody have/solve similar situation??

1 - 1 of 1 Posts