Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Love this car, glad to see you've been enjoying it in OEM form.

Looks like you've selected your next mods perfectly.

Part # on those Bilsteins?

- Drew

·
Formerly focus_wrc
7,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks Drew, here are the part numbers:

Front Left:: 35-051411
Front Right: 35-051428
Rear: 24-066662

·
Formerly focus_wrc
7,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
First post has been updated.

I am still not sure if I will be setting up this car for SCCA STF class or not. The car is so enjoyable to drive in the stock form that I am afraid that I am going to mess it up.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
First post has been updated.

I am still not sure if I will be setting up this car for SCCA STF class or not. The car is so enjoyable to drive in the stock form that I am afraid that I am going to mess it up.
If more people understood this, I feel like we would have a lot more well modified Foci on the road.

And those OMP pedals are the ONLY pedals people should use in these cars. They are absolutely perfect.

- Drew

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I really wish at times I hadn't classed myself into STF. I really need to step up my game for STF. Look forward to seeing the direction this goes.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
So cool, nice low mile mk1. Makes me miss driving my mk1.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
The plate choice is somewhat problematic with the existence of the ST F(ocus).

But yes, it does point to the future well. lol

- Drew

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Are your lights the swivel lights or the HID version?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Neither. They are just the Halogen ones with updated lamps. Imported from Germany ;)
That's cool, I didn't realize there was a non-swivel halogen version. I ended up disconnecting power from the motors in my headlights. The engine vibrations were messing with the accelerometer used to operate the swivel feature.

·
Formerly focus_wrc
7,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
Hmm whats the advantage to using the mazda 3 sway bar and control arms in the back?
Mazdaspeed 3 rear control arm have a huge reinforcement plate welded on the control arm since the stock rear sway bar on Mazdaspeed 3 is 26mm. and there are many more options for the the rear sway bar for Mazda 3 than focus. I also like the design of the rear sway bar bushing of the Mazda better as it doesn't bind like the focus does.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Mazdaspeed 3 rear control arm have a huge reinforcement plate welded on the control arm since the stock rear sway bar on Mazdaspeed 3 is 26mm. and there are many more options for the the rear sway bar for Mazda 3 than focus. I also like the design of the rear sway bar bushing of the Mazda better as it doesn't bind like the focus does.

I assume that these are a direct swap?

21 - 40 of 43 Posts