Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last June we bought our son an ‘02 SVT and it ran great when I brought it home. With him not driving yet the only time it ran and moved was up and down the driveway with him getting use to the clutch. Was told it was in need of a new battery so I eventually changed that. Then it sat, and when I went to move in garage before our first snow here in Michigan, it had a slow crank and wouldn’t start. So I tried jumping and charging with same result, and noticed that the small ground wire on top of engine to tower was smoking. Since then I’ve cleaned all grounds, replaced battery cables, starter, coil wire connector, new plugs set at .055, crank position sensor, and fuel filter. I have spark, fuel (36/38 psi), compression (110). Also added Heet to fuel, and cam belt is intact. It cranks real well and at times get a pop through the intake. It’s not throwing any codes, but says I have potential emission issues. I’m stumped, any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your coolant tee Wich is a total pita broke or thermostat, try checking those out as my truck 2.3 duratec (duratec=zetec (minus few differences)) wouldn't start when missing coolant I tried to move it like 20 ft cold and no start, then try starter, fuse panel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts