Ford Focus Forum banner

121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
I hope you do. This car makes me miss my turbo focus.

- Drew
Well damn, I'm flattered. That was a yellow one you owned at one point right? I think I have seen that
thread when I did a search. I'm going to have to go look for it again now.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Well damn, I'm flattered. That was a yellow one you owned at one point right? I think I have seen that
thread when I did a search. I'm going to have to go look for it again now.
Yeah, my car that was built for a customer when we were trying to get SMS Fabrication off the ground. After we got it together, a few months later, he needed to sell it due to a life change and i bought it from him.

I could of done so much more with that car, but at the time I was focused on getting ready to be married and liquidating everything I had payments on, so I sold it a little less than a year after buying it. Dumb.

Hindsight, i could of done a lot more with that and built it better over time. That thing, for it's time, was an absolute riot on the street.

With how the business idea fell apart at the end, I thought this plate was fitting;

- Drew

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Found the thread: http://forums.focaljet.com/showthread.php/595393-The-Yellow-ZX3-i-ve-never-posted-Stock-ish-Turbo-Foci-inside?highlight=
Nice car with a very cool turbo setup! Lol at the plate! That car would have really been hoot on the road back in that time.
I can relate to your regret of selling it, as you know. With how much money I have spent on my green car and a 05 ST I
owned before that, I could have fixed all the rust and repainted my yellow car so she would have looked bran spanking new.
The reason I sold it at the time was because I wanted a focus with a rust free body. :screwy: Pretty stupid on my part.
I had that car setup about the way I wanted it and with some extensive body work, it would have been perfect in my eyes.
But I put it back to stock and sold it. :( Oh well. Live and learn I guess. I have my green car now and wouldn't trade it for
anything in the world. :) You think your yellow car is still on the road out there somewhere?

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
I sold it to a friend in trade for my old Probe GT(which I sold to him before) and cash.

The engine promptly blew up. I think he went through 3 stock junkyard engines in a very short time, which is insane because it was perfect for me. Ended up being a relay/fuse issue with the fuel pump. Would randomly go lean and detonate. Fixed that, then built a proper engine for it. Then he couldn't get anyone to tune it right, so he gave up. He parted it down to nothing and then after sitting for some time, I facilitated the sale of that shell to Stolle(on FJ) to replace his smashed up red one. He's putting all his good parts on it and putting a cage in it, all kinds of cool stuff. So yeah, it lives on.

I'll buy or build another Focus someday, when I have the money to do one correctly and completely. Until then, i'll just watch the once fun community die a slow painful death into obscurity.

- Drew

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #125 (Edited)
I sold it to a friend in trade for my old Probe GT(which I sold to him before) and cash.

The engine promptly blew up. I think he went through 3 stock junkyard engines in a very short time, which is insane because it was perfect for me. Ended up being a relay/fuse issue with the fuel pump. Would randomly go lean and detonate. Fixed that, then built a proper engine for it. Then he couldn't get anyone to tune it right, so he gave up. He parted it down to nothing and then after sitting for some time, I facilitated the sale of that shell to Stolle(on FJ) to replace his smashed up red one. He's putting all his good parts on it and putting a cage in it, all kinds of cool stuff. So yeah, it lives on.

Oh yeah! Stolle! I saw that in his thread. Cool that it's in a good home again.

I'll buy or build another Focus someday, when I have the money to do one correctly and completely.
I hope you do some day. Would like to see what you would do to a Focus from start to finish.

Until then, i'll just watch the once fun community die a slow painful death into obscurity.

- Drew

Ouch, that rings painfully true. :( I came into the scene late, but it was still very active
with a lot of interesting stuff going on. Now it's just a ghost town. :( I try my best to keep
some activity going on around here. Hopefully it's not boring anyone. :lol:

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I certainly appreciate the activity! I am slowly becoming more active with my Mk1 again but sadly there aren't many active members that brought life and knowledge to this forum any longer.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Well thanks. It was great seeing all of the older active members work and discuss things when I first found this
forum. Lots of interesting stuff. Too bad a lot of them have moved on to other things now. :(

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
There used to be so many awesome active build threads here. Lots of excellent information and people doing things outside the box. I know FF is a little more active but it is mostly MK3 owners and I'm not really interested in the MK3 at all. I started a "build" thread on FF but that fizzled out as life changes happened. Still update with photos and stuff from time to time. I recently started popping in over here more mainly because I was attempting to track down some info that was posted here for about the headlights I bought ~ 5 years ago.

I certainly look forward to seeing more updates to your car. I can live vicariously through your mods :lol:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
There used to be so many awesome active build threads here. Lots of excellent information and people doing things outside the box. I know FF is a little more active but it is mostly MK3 owners and I'm not really interested in the MK3 at all. I started a "build" thread on FF but that fizzled out as life changes happened. Still update with photos and stuff from time to time. I recently started popping in over here more mainly because I was attempting to track down some info that was posted here for about the headlights I bought ~ 5 years ago.

I feel the same about the MK3 Focus. I do like the MK3. Wouldn't mind one for a nice daily driver, but it just doesn't have the same
appeal to me as the MK1 does.

I certainly look forward to seeing more updates to your car. I can live vicariously through your mods :lol:

Thanks! :thumbup: There will be a bunch of things happening after this winter is over. Really want to get this car looking
how I want it to, just didn't pan out this year.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Oh yeah! Stolle! I saw that in his thread. Cool that it's in a good home again.

I hope you do some day. Would like to see what you would do to a Focus from start to finish.

Ouch, that rings painfully true. :( I came into the scene late, but it was still very active
with a lot of interesting stuff going on. Now it's just a ghost town. :( I try my best to keep
some activity going on around here. Hopefully it's not boring anyone. :lol:
Yeah, I am too. He will do that car justice.

I'd also like to see how I would build a Focus from start to finish, i've either bought them done, built them to nearly 80% and then immediately sold them or stalled the project completely due to money.

I get a handle on a job with a decent wage in the next couple years, i'll find a clean one and do it right. Until then, I just build them in my head like I always do.

Hell, i've had 17 of them. You'd think i'd of got one right by now, but hopefully 18 is the number.

I like your build thread, I appreciate that someone still builds MK1s for driving enjoyment rather than 'it was cheap, so I put $19 in mods and a ebay exhaust on it'.

- Drew

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Yeah, I am too. He will do that car justice.

I'd also like to see how I would build a Focus from start to finish, i've either bought them done, built them to nearly 80% and then immediately sold them or stalled the project completely due to money.

I get a handle on a job with a decent wage in the next couple years, i'll find a clean one and do it right. Until then, I just build them in my head like I always do.

Hell, i've had 17 of them. You'd think i'd of got one right by now, but hopefully 18 is the number.

I like your build thread, I appreciate that someone still builds MK1s for driving enjoyment rather than 'it was cheap, so I put $19 in mods and a ebay exhaust on it'.

- Drew

I'll be patiently waiting for the day a thread from you pops up in rigz with your newly acquired Focus. Will be a good day.
Wow 17, huh? This is my 3rd Focus so far. Will be looking for number 4 next summer hopefully. Going to get me a wagon
for a daily driver. It'll get a few mods, but it will mainly be just my DD.

I'm really honored that an OG like yourself likes what I'm doing with my car, considering all of the other cars you must
have seen over the years. Driver enjoyment is the only way I would "build" any type of car I own. I would never buy
a nice car just throw some cheap ass mods at it and call it good. That's what ricers do and I'm not one of them.
When I drive it, I want it to be a fun and enjoyable experience. I believe the mods I have chose for this car so far
check that box quite well. Just needs a little bit of suspension modification to go along with the 13 inch brakes from
Massive and the TD's I will be putting on and this car will be just about perfect in my eyes.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Well, I put my car away for the winter since the weather is finally turning coldish around
here. Going to be a loooong 5-6 months wait before I can drive her again.
Already can't wait for spring so I can finally put on my Big Brake kit in the front, my
TD wheels I got for her, and just plain have fun driving her again. Have a few other
things planned I also want to do to the car. Hoping they all work out next year as
well.

Last 4 pictures for this year. Sorry for the kind of crap quality, especially the last one. :eek:

One last engine bay shot for the year.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I love how subtle the engine bay is!

·
I am Teds custom title. Not anything like the one
2,916 Posts
seeing this really makes me miss mine :( if I knew then what I know now id still have it. Love your setup!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
I love how subtle the engine bay is!
Thanks. I do too. One of my favorite parts about the turbo kit. Looking to add a couple of things
to it next year to spice it up just a little bit.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
seeing this really makes me miss mine :( if I knew then what I know now id still have it. Love your setup!
Thanks! Glad I can bring back some memories of your old car. :)

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Small update. I now have my own page for my focus on facebook! If any of you who view this thread are on
facebook, I invite you stop by, check it out, and give it a like. :) Link: https://www.facebook.com/That-Grabber-Green-Focus-1736901593226082/
Will be posting updates and such on there also as my car comes along. This thread will always be the first to get
updated though, so I'm not abandoning FJ. Wouldn't dream of it.

121 - 137 of 137 Posts