Ford Focus Forum banner

101 - 120 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Thanks Chaz! They are very dope in person! :)

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
One thing I would suggest for these before you have tyres mounted and put them on the car is to get a ceramic coating and do all 4 wheels...

You will thank yourself for ages as to how easy they are to clean
Didn't see your post till now. Thanks for the tip. I will look into it!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #103 (Edited)
Just remembered it has been over a year since I installed my turbo kit on my car. It has been rock solid reliable, powerful, and
darn fun through out the entire first year and 3000 miles on my car. Not one problem, no leaks, nothing has broke. Raffi's tune has been
safe, reliable, and the car runs like a champ! I feel like I could drive my car anywhere and not be worried it would leave me stranded.
If anyone who is reading this thread is on the fence about buying the FSWerks zetec turbo kit (or their Duratec kit), have no worries and
buy it! It is a great kit and well worth the price. FSWerks FTW!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #105

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Been working on replacing the rear brake lines in my car these last couple of days. Man were they a rusty, crusty mess. :thumbdown
Surprised they didn't blow out sooner. Should have her back on the road in the next day or two. It's been over a month since I
drove my car and I really do miss driving her. Thinking I might make a little video when she's fixed, so stay tuned.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Finally after a month and 16 days, my car is back on the road! :party: :banana: Sooo nice to be driving her again even if it's only
for maybe a few more weeks before I put her away for the winter. Didn't get a video made, but might go out and do a photoshoot
with a nice fall back round later this week. Will post pictures if it happens.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Needs moar pictures!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Did someone say more pictures? How about pictures and a video! Went out for a Sunday drive today and shot
some pictures and recorded another acceleration video. Found a few good spots with trees that had some
leaves left on them and a clear view so on coming traffic could see me. Lots of hills and curves around here.

First the pictures:

Last one, with an appearance from the nut who drives the car. :lol: Posing with the FJ shirt of course! :)

Here is the 0-100mph video I recorded today. Really liked the launch even if I did get some wheel spin.
Looks like I can get to 100 from a dead stop in around 15.5 seconds, which puts my car in stock SRT-4
territory from what I have seen. (I may be wrong though.) Really not to big on taking my car up to
those speeds though. As long as I can get up to freeway speeds in a quick hurry I'm happy.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Thanks! I have fun making them. :)

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Wow! That must be a hoot to drive!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Thanks! It fun for sure. :) I've thought about building a motor and turning up the boost, but the car really
has the right amount of power now. It's not overbearing, it's just a plain blast to drive and I never get tired
of it.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Nice man, car is looking good, glad it's being driven again.

i've messed around with a few near stock SRT4s in my Sonata on the stock ECU and we are pretty much a dead heat depending on what they have done.

I'd say that's about the same acceleration as my stock sonata, so if you come across an SRT/Mazdaspeed/ST Focus or Fiesta, you should be able to have some fun.

- Drew

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Thanks Drew! Your Sonata moves out for sure! Nice to see you have a fun car to drive. I'll have to keep a look out
for one to maybe mess around with around my area. Oh, and a SRT-4 also. Might be fun! :evilgrin:

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Thanks Drew! Your Sonata moves out for sure! Nice to see you have a fun car to drive. I'll have to keep a look out
for one to maybe mess around with around my area. Oh, and a SRT-4 also. Might be fun! :evilgrin:
Thanks man, yeah, it's pretty fun in stock form. This is probably my favorite car i've owned, I love this thing. After the tune and midpipe I threw on it, it makes a world of difference, whole new car.

Get a camera mount and click the record button if you come across anything fun to mess with.

- Drew

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Thanks man, yeah, it's pretty fun in stock form. This is probably my favorite car i've owned, I love this thing. After the tune and midpipe I threw on it, it makes a world of difference, whole new car.

Get a camera mount and click the record button if you come across anything fun to mess with.

- Drew
That's good to hear! I'll look into a camera mount for my GoPro for sure and see if I can find
some cars to mess with sometime.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
That's good to hear! I'll look into a camera mount for my GoPro for sure and see if I can find
some cars to mess with sometime.
I hope you do. This car makes me miss my turbo focus.

- Drew

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
101 - 120 of 137 Posts