Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this sedan the other day. What those grab bars on the trunk could be for I don't know. They look like the stuff that people put on boats, and since this was within a mile of Lake Erie I'd say that's what they are. But, why they're there....

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
For romance I'd expect stirrups more than grab bars...

Skateboard handles, or winter snow "skitching".

·
Registered
97 Posts
Some people have strange fetishes...

That probably could be it. Never know. You'll have to catch it in action one day. Super spy mode!

Sent from the top of a tree.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yep, Boat pieces for sure.

Why? That's another question.

Could have used them when I had a trailer boat and P/U to launch it, trying to keep feet dry when walking the step bumper to the tongue.

Someone get tired of lifting on the plastic above the license plate and pushing on the top to close it? Wanted more control and didn't give two bleeps about looks?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Always called that bumper surfing.

Was at a Grateful Dead concert, Richfield Coliseum fall of '93 and a head was bumper surfing on the back of a Sheriff's car as it cruised the lot. People were cheering, clapping and waving, and the cops thought it was for them. They were nodding, raising their hands tentatively waving back not trying to be too friendly with the long hairs.

Guy had a set on him, if he'd been seen they probably would have taken him downtown, after giving a tune up.

·
Registered
152 Posts
"Pogeying" was the name at one time, proper boots with flat soles to do it well were a mark of honor.

Remember those on the pillar behind P/U doors?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts