Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I don't have a MkIII, but I am curious to see how well the newest Duratec responds to a tune as they seem quite strong from the factory. Do you have a dyno you can share? Thanks.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Why isn't Kay all over this???

·
Registered
883 Posts
The programming is not finished yet so I'm going to hold off on charts.

I take a lot of heat about not having programming for the Mk3 Focus TiVCT. And now...? :lol:
I wish you had something for the auto equipped cars. But now that ford has released the newest trans update I wouldn't want that touched. It's actually doing well. Knock on wood.

·
Registered
883 Posts

I take a lot of heat about not having programming for the Mk3 Focus TiVCT. And now...? :lol:
If you need an auto equipped car let me know. As long as transmission stuff isn't effected, I am game!

·
Registered
4 Posts

how do you get the ecu code

·
Registered
123 Posts
Gd, it's like they don't want us ****** around with this stuff...super interested though, so when I can find the code I'll let you know.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I'm definitely interested once the auto version is available. Although I'm liking the latest Ford update better than all the others before it (and I've had them all, counting my first 2012 Focus that was pre-ordered months before they were released); however, it's still more sluggish with shifts than I would ideally like, even in Sport mode. Of course, I'm always interested in more power, too! I'm sure the FSWerks program will do a better job getting more power out of 93 octane gas than Ford's automatic timing adjustment.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Why isn't Kay all over this???
Because of changing jobs, I haven't had much time to worry about my Focus, unfortunately. If I had the $$$ on-hand for the programmer, I'd be volunteering to have the boffins at FSWERKS toy around with my ECU. Be sure that I'm massively excited about this, however.

·
Registered
273 Posts
If you know your ECU code and are interested in purchasing an SCT X3 with FSWerks programming please let us know.

This is for manual trans cars only right now.

Your location doesn't matter.

You MUST know your ECU code. :)
How soft is the tune?

·
Registered
273 Posts
How much meat is left on the bone with the tune you offer? Is it set on kill or, is it conservative to be a safe tune for a wide range of environmental changes/areas?

·
Registered
273 Posts
How far away do you stay from that edge?

I'm trying to figure out if Id just be better off getting the car tuned locally, for the climate here or if I should say eff it and get a canned tune.

·
Registered
768 Posts
My car is a DD. It's not a track toy I can afford to toss in the rubbish bin for that extra last drop of performance, so having a margin of safety built into a tune is a plus to me. If it isn't 'enough', once the ability is there to tune, I have a local tuning house with a solid reputation for similarly not wrecking engines can maybe extract that last precious bit (more like adapting to my specific climate, altitude, vehicle, etc).

Given the lengths (despite apparent setbacks) the FSW guys have been going through to follow up on our needs, I'm left with the impression their tune isn't something they'll just be phoning in.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts