- Rotate Coilpack 180 degrees to hide the wire
- Install Polished Valve Cover
- Install Different Power Steering Canister setup
- Install Early 2000 IM

·
King wheel-whore. BOW before me!
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Nothing really too new, I really need to update this one. It went into primer this week so assembly should begin soon.

·
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Guess it's time to update this eh? Well back in October it finally got out of the body shop in a semi completed shaved setup. Unfortunately it had to go back to finish up a few things so it's not yet back for assembly. Here are some pics as of October:

There have also been some additions and changes to the build. All the obvious bolts and such in the engine bay will be replaced with Chrome versions of them. Also the Supercharger has been scrapped in favor of a recent development with some ITB's as pictured below. I couldn't pass up the opportunity on these and this will truly make this soon to be show car unique like no other Focus on the east coast.

I also picked up new wheels for the car from Mr Mike Wobb, here they are on his old car:

·
Recaros for Corbeaus and Boyds!
2,355 Posts
Those are the 17s... You bought the 18s...

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
What engine management are you going to run with the ITBs? no maf = no SCT

·
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
What engine management are you going to run with the ITBs? no maf = no SCT
Working on a setup once its back up here to run a MAF Setup to drive it but take off for shows. If not other ventures will be explored

·
I
13,302 Posts
Working on a setup once its back up here to run a MAF Setup to drive it but take off for shows. If not other ventures will be explored
Can you convert to speed density (run vacuum lines from all 4 "runners" post throttle plate to a MAP) or alpha-n (just go off TPS)? That's kind shifty IMO to rip it all off for a show to look cool, but it's really not how the car runs. Would be like strapping a turbo onto an N/A car to show that it's boosted, then swapping back to a header to actually drive the car home.

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
Can you convert to speed density (run vacuum lines from all 4 "runners" post throttle plate to a MAP) or alpha-n (just go off TPS)? That's kind shifty IMO to rip it all off for a show to look cool, but it's really not how the car runs. Would be like strapping a turbo onto an N/A car to show that it's boosted, then swapping back to a header to actually drive the car home.
Exactly. I swapped my filters to velocity stacks on my carbs for a show, I felt lame swapping over just for the show to look cool. Haven't done it sense. lol

Hopefully the carbs can get dialed in and working. The shell is looking awesome tho!! One mod I always wanted on my ZX3 was a smoothed engine bay.

·
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
You're better than that, Ken.
Eventually it will get a stand alone setup however with show season set to hit here soon it won't be until next winter for a stand alone unit. I have show promises to fulfill with the car this year so some things that aren't appearance things will have to wait. Luckily this year it will be a trailer queen so most of the time I won't need to worry about transport exactly.

·
I
13,302 Posts
Eventually it will get a stand alone setup however with show season set to hit here soon it won't be until next winter for a stand alone unit. I have show promises to fulfill with the car this year so some things that aren't appearance things will have to wait. Luckily this year it will be a trailer queen so most of the time I won't need to worry about transport exactly.
Ya, I understand. Why not just leave it in running config then? Even though it's going to be just a show car, seems kind of shady to pass it off as ITBs when it doesn't run that way. Just my $.02 anyway.

·
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Ya, I understand. Why not just leave it in running config then? Even though it's going to be just a show car, seems kind of shady to pass it off as ITBs when it doesn't run that way. Just my $.02 anyway.
It will still run, just not as well as it could.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
I typically don't care about show cars, but regardless, I say do the supercharger. Pulley it down and some water meth, it'll be a runner and give you something to show off. Plus it sounds great. The M45 wails.

At least it has a fun factor to go with the look of it, plus the ITBs on a basically stock Zetec will be even slower garbage even when tuned correctly.

- Drew

41 - 60 of 72 Posts