Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
I thought the car looked good at h2oi, I might have to stop being a lazyass and make it to FR15 to check out the upgrades. Does this car get driven much? I noticed at h2oi it didnt have any plates on it or do you just attach them over the euro holders?

·
King wheel-whore. BOW before me!
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I thought the car looked good at h2oi, I might have to stop being a lazyass and make it to FR15 to check out the upgrades. Does this car get driven much? I noticed at h2oi it didnt have any plates on it or do you just attach them over the euro holders?
Anymore the car doesn't get driven much. I had the plates off as it was heading south after H2Oi and I was transferring my registrations from MD to PA shortly after. After this it won't get driven much but it doesn't need to be when you have 6 other Foci LOL!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Car has been almost completely transformed since I last saw it a few years back… when you first picked it up. It now looks absolutely stunning! If anyone could bring this car back from where it was when you picked it up... you are the man! Car is looking great, can't wait to see it continue on into yet another Focus legend! Well done Sir!

·
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Car has been almost completely transformed since I last saw it a few years back… when you first picked it up. It now looks absolutely stunning! If anyone could bring this car back from where it was when you picked it up... you are the man! Car is looking great, can't wait to see it continue on into yet another Focus legend! Well done Sir!
glad to see a mk1 true build thread again. I miss the days when logging on here would cost hours and hours of awe-inspiring build thread reading.
Thanks guys! I have a few more parts that have come in that I'll be posting up over the next couple days.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Scribed for awesome.

·
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
A little bit of an update here from down in the dirty south. Jeremy got the body panels removed and began deconstruction to pull the engine:

And then when removing the Windshield Wiper Assembly he found that I had a small rodent problem developing in the yellow car. Must've been from sitting last year in storage at work:

Next on the list is the removal of the engine and prep it for paint. After that the real work in the engine bay will begin.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Looking forward to the end result. Are you going to be doing hard lines for the in-trunk portion of the air set-up?

Mike

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Keep it coming Ken. Literally the last time I saw this car in person was in the parking lot of the Reading Galleria and I was picking up the rubber trunk floor protector from the (once) current owner. Needless to say that was years ago now...

·
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Keep it coming Ken. Literally the last time I saw this car in person was in the parking lot of the Reading Galleria and I was picking up the rubber trunk floor protector from the (once) current owner. Needless to say that was years ago now...
It's funny I speak to Jason from time to time. I guess I need to link him to this huh?

·
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Big update within the last week. The engine came out of the 2001 and it got prepared for it's journey to the body shop next:

And then over the weekend it got dropped off at the body shop and is ready for the shaving to begin:

21 - 40 of 72 Posts