Ford Focus Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ordered my exhaust in pieces online consisting of this...

And these...

Which resulted in this mayhem...sorry for the dirty car, rainy weather and gravel driveways make for a mess...

Sounds great, no rasp, mix between a WRX and G35 coupe, unique look and worth the $$...

Emanuel
Nice man. When I did mine I wasn't sure which way to go. I ended up going center exit. I like the wide duel as well. Nice work.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Just ordered my race exhaust!!!! Hells yeah! Got the paste to go with it also
Good stuff! Can't wait to see it on your car. Didn't get mine with the paste, it was pretty easy to install without. Congrats on the impending new mods day!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I am having it installed at a shop. They are charging one hours worth of labor which I thought was a good deal.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah I'm in Ledyard, didn't even realize your info said CT. That would be a cool to meet up sometime. On the other hand, I would hate it if it turns out its more of what I originally wanted.

I am having it installed at a shop. They are charging one hours worth of labor which I thought was a good deal.
This is what I did.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Let's definitely meet up at some point, always good to see more Team New England faces. I need to head out to Ledyard again at some point this spring; a good friend of mine--the founder and former owner of Sarge's Comics in New London--lives there and I'm overdue for some catching up with him, and he hasn't seen my Focus yet either (he's also into cars).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Oh cool, I work in New London, I drive right by that place everyday.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Since it wasn't in the first video, here's just the start-up and idle of the FSWERKS race.

I hate how gross everything got on the back of my car from all the salt/road grime/snow. :(

·
Registered
88 Posts

2.5" custom magnaflow that i had put on today

Sent from my DROID4

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Very nice. How does it sound?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Deep at low rpm but my intake drowns it out when i get on it. I'll see if i can break out the gopro to record the sound while driving. Plus it cost about half as much as the magnaflow kit!

Sent from my DROID4

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Why not put the muffler under the passenger compartment, vs in the back? Can you see the muffler?

·
Registered
88 Posts
It was too fat to fit comfortably under the seats. Its a little more visible from the back than stock but i really like it like that

Sent from my DROID4

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Ah ok. That's why I liked the FSWerks kit so much. I am not such a fan of the muffler showing. But that's great that you like it. Would be interesting to hear.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
Exhaust should be arriving today.... I hate waiting lol. Getting it installed ASAP!

It's here!!!!! Yay! Tomorrow after 1pm it should be on!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
It's on! It sounds amazing!!!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Does it meet expectations?! :D

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Does it meet expectations?! :D
Lol yes! Of course it's a bit loud for passengers, but I don't care :) I fully enjoy it.

Now onto the suspension!

·
Registered
768 Posts
I really, really dig the sounds on throttle lift. It gets a burbly, WRC-ish kind of note. Makes you feel like you're spitting flames on the Col de Torini in an M-Sport prepped car.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts