Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Installed on the car. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pics during the install (a camera barely would have fit under there anyways), and this pic was taken in fading light. I'll do a few clips/better pics of it tomorrow if I get a chance.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Ok so no drone below 3500rpm? I am thinking of the race exhaust now for my sedan. Then again I could always just get the stealth and replace the muffler piece but why do it twice?

I wonder if they can get different tips???

·
Registered
51 Posts
You could go to a local exhaust shop, they tend to have a bunch of different tip options.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
That's true good idea. I really want dual exhaust with ATS styled tips.

·
Registered
768 Posts
This is how the tip looks from the side. I have no trouble seeing it several feet away from the car. It's just that from directly behind, it's a little hard to see, which is fine. At least it's not a 'me-too' JDM-clone coffee can. The split tip is a really nice piece itself and sets the FSWERKS unit apart from the crowd.

And it drones a tiny bit around 3200 rpms when the car is at load (like a rise in the road or the like). But if you're keeping it at around 65mph with the five speed, it's fine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The split tip is a really nice piece itself and sets the FSWERKS unit apart from the crowd.
The Magnaflow exhaust system also comes with the split tip.

Regardless, I think I'd prefer the split tip over the two single tips in your typical "dual exhaust" setup.

·
Registered
768 Posts
For some reason, all the 2012+s I've seen with the Magnaflow is the single-tipped, dual exit system? Ah well. The only option I wish the FSWERKS came with was a burnt SS/neochrome tip, I like those, and it would match my shift knob, haha. :)

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I definitely feel that the fswerks tips are quality as is the whole exhaust, from such an exceptional company one would expect that.

I will have to do the dual exhaust set up and see how it goes. :)

To each their own on it. But excellent exhausts regardless

·
Registered
768 Posts
That'll be interesting to see. I wonder how re-routing it would affect the power gains. I basically chose the exhaust based on dyno sheets. It's just a bonus that it sounds amazing and looks good. :D

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I think it would be negligible at best any difference in gains/losses.

·
Registered
768 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I have decided I am getting this exhaust! I love it!

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Have you heard the FSWERKS one in person? It's hard to record exhausts--and I have a fairly decent mic pickup on my camera and I'm still not 100% on my recording--and Race system is pretty deep in person. Like you said though, to each their own...

I have decided I am getting this exhaust! I love it!
You won't regret it. It's a stellar piece. I'm super-satisfied with it. I need to do an in-car as well as a standing start launch + ramp & highway cruise video.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Ripto, I definitely appreciate the links. But in general I find that Magnaflow exhausts are a bit on the quiet side.

RedComet I agree. I am definitely thinking of ordering it soon.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Go for it man. This setup puts a smile on my face every time I get in the car. It's also not that obnoxious if you're not getting on it all the time, like partial throttle through a quiet residential area, so you won't get too much flak from people over being an obnoxious chav. But, when you want to turn heads (and snap necks), it's there for you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I haven't heard a FSwerks kit, or any, in person for that matter. All I had to go by were videos, and unfortunately purchasing an exhaust system isn't cheap so its hard to be able to know what you're getting into without getting into it. I agree, the Magnaflow is a bit quiet, but I feared the raspy/ricey sound I heard in some vids with the FSwerks systems. I didn't want to be another one of "those guys" in case it was true. But it could just be the recording device, I'll never know, and won't ever feel like spending another couple hundred to test it out. Glad you're happy with it though. TBH, if I had a hatchback (which I wouldn't want), I would like my system better. Not having the trunk isolated did produce a much better sound (when I had the back seats down).

·
Registered
768 Posts
You're in Ledyard, right? I've a friend over there. One of these days we should meet up and you can hear the car in person. :) I'm only up in Bristol.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ordered my exhaust in pieces online consisting of this...

And these...

Which resulted in this mayhem...sorry for the dirty car, rainy weather and gravel driveways make for a mess...

Sounds great, no rasp, mix between a WRX and G35 coupe, unique look and worth the $$...

Emanuel

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Just ordered my race exhaust!!!! Hells yeah! Got the paste to go with it also

21 - 40 of 70 Posts