Ford Focus Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Originally posted by FocusGhiaFFOC:
There are rumours that the Jap market Focus has power-folding mirrors. Is they electrically fold-in when the ignition is off, like top of the line Mercs...
It's shown on the info CD, and I think someone in the FFOC managed to find part numbers and prices...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I just talked to some people in the prove-out department for the Focus and also that worked on the Focus project from the start in Europe and there are no mirros made for the focus that are power folding. There are power mirrors that fold but not by power. Damn!!! those would have been cool though.

[ 01-13-2003, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Smooth01ZX3 ]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Here are some bits taken from discussiobn on the ffoc site...

The Japanese market Focus (not sure if it actually exists!) has power folding mirrors according to the TIS Focus wiring diagrams. The mirror units are obviously going to be different, and there's a controller module too - all relatively easy to patch in from the look of it.

So, if a 'Japan' Focus exists in reality as well as on paper, all that's needed is to get the parts & it'll all fit straight on...
=================================================
For reference the wiring diagram numbers are 501-09-00-003 & -004.

The power mirror adjust switch is modified so that in the 'off' position a wire links straight though to supply the folding control module.

The control module (Ref. 'A148') has a single power feed from the same source as the rest of the mirror functions, and just connects to two motors with no cleverness elsewhere.

I doubt the wiring exists in the cars already, but it might do. Anyway, it's easy to add if it's not there because it's only 7 wires - 1 power, 1 ground, 1 'control' from the adjust switch, & two wires to each of the motors which are commoned together at the control module.

As far as how it's controlled, I'm not sure!! Looks like if the adjust switch is in the centre position the mirrors fold as the power goes off?? Or maybe it's just putting the switch in the centre 'rest' position that does it??
Drivers side mirror - 1150859 - rrp £59.31 inc vat
Passenger side mirror 1150858 - rrp £59.31 inc vat
switch - 1117783 - £15.13 inc vat

But there is no control midule/seperate loom listed.

Possibly takes its feed from the switch?
===============================================
Thanks for that - I know the switch is needed 'cos there's an extra contact (though I can probably mod the standard part to add one) but there's definitely a controller module 'cos that's what mirror folding motors connect to! Can't really do without it either.

Might have to sort out something else to do the job if the Focus part isn't easy to locate.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Originally posted by 2000ZTS:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Smooth01ZX3:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by FocusGhiaFFOC:
There are rumours that the Jap market Focus has power-folding mirrors. Is they electrically fold-in when the ignition is off, like top of the line Mercs...
It's shown on the info CD, and I think someone in the FFOC managed to find part numbers and prices...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I just talked to some people in the prove-out department for the Focus and also that worked on the Focus project from the start in Europe and there are no mirros made for the focus that are power folding. There are power mirrors that fold but not by power. Damn!!! those would have been cool though.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">wow... that's completely bizarre... when I posted this question/comment originally I had never even thought of that possibility (folding mirrors that fold by power). I was simply looking for mirrors that fold and have power and are heated... I guess I'm not in the top-of-the-Mercedes-line demographic to have seen this option ever I suppose (I only ever test drove the entry level Merc.).</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">A friend of mine with a new Pasaat has powerfolding mirrors. They fold in automatically when the locks the doors.

That is so rediculous that Americans can't get folding mirrors on American market cars. Almost all foreign cars have folding mirors. Europe isn't the only place with narrow streets and here in Boston, it's definiately possible that you can get whacked by an errant SUV plodding down a narrow street.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
The Dodge Caravans have them here in Germany and not on the highend model.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here are some bits taken from discussiobn on the ffoc site...

The Japanese market Focus (not sure if it actually exists!) has power folding mirrors according to the TIS Focus wiring diagrams. The mirror units are obviously going to be different, and there's a controller module too - all relatively easy to patch in from the look of it.

So, if a 'Japan' Focus exists in reality as well as on paper, all that's needed is to get the parts & it'll all fit straight on...
For reference the wiring diagram numbers are 501-09-00-003 & -004.

The power mirror adjust switch is modified so that in the 'off' position a wire links straight though to supply the folding control module.

The control module (Ref. 'A148') has a single power feed from the same source as the rest of the mirror functions, and just connects to two motors with no cleverness elsewhere.

I doubt the wiring exists in the cars already, but it might do. Anyway, it's easy to add if it's not there because it's only 7 wires - 1 power, 1 ground, 1 'control' from the adjust switch, & two wires to each of the motors which are commoned together at the control module.

As far as how it's controlled, I'm not sure!! Looks like if the adjust switch is in the centre position the mirrors fold as the power goes off?? Or maybe it's just putting the switch in the centre 'rest' position that does it??
Drivers side mirror - 1150859 - rrp £59.31 inc vat
Passenger side mirror 1150858 - rrp £59.31 inc vat
switch - 1117783 - £15.13 inc vat

But there is no control midule/seperate loom listed.

Possibly takes its feed from the switch?
===============================================
Thanks for that - I know the switch is needed 'cos there's an extra contact (though I can probably mod the standard part to add one) but there's definitely a controller module 'cos that's what mirror folding motors connect to! Can't really do without it either.

Might have to sort out something else to do the job if the Focus part isn't easy to locate.
Hi where did you get the finis codes from and are they for powerfold

21 - 26 of 26 Posts